“Great Hotel near Heathrow Airport”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed May 22, 2010

This is a great hotel near Heathrow Airport. The room and bathroom are gorgeous. They have free internet access The gym is incredible, with a jacuzzi, steam room, and sauna. If you decide to stay here, you can take the Hoppa Bus from Heathrow for 4 pounds. To get to London, there is a free bus shuttle (bus 285 or 555) to Hatton Cross tube station.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
GavinHeathrow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2010

Thank yuo so much for such a lovely review

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Reviewed May 21, 2010

We arrived here on one of the first flights into Heatrow as the volcanic dust cloud lifted and found the reception packed with people whose flights were still delayed/cancelled. As always (we've stayed here a few times before) the reception staff were the epitome of calm efficiency and were able to find us a room. We had had a pretty fraught few days trying to get back from Turkey and were not looking forward to spending hours searching for somewhere to stay when we arrived in Heathrow late at night - we didn't fancy a drive straight back to Plymouth either. Utakarsh on reception was a real gem and did wonders to make us feel relaxed for the the first time in what seemed like ages. If you could bottle his charm you would make a fortune!

I'ts hard to fault this place as an airport hotel. The rooms are a good size and the food in both resturaunts is very good. Its particularly good value when booked as a B&B+parking package. We've even had a 2for 1 deal in the main resturaunt which is expensive but well worth trying.

The only slight quibble I might have is the 12.5% service charge added to bar bills but again the staff here are very good so I hope they do get a cut of it.

We have stayed in several Heathow hotels over the last few years and this one would always be my first choice. It is very close to the airport and despite its size and obvious popularity it exudes an air of tranquillity - particularly impressive given that most of its customers are probably only there for a single night.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review

Reviewed May 20, 2010

This was a nice hotel for a stayover waiting for our flight. Very good service, nice room and comfortable. I must mention a restaurant nearby called The Pheasant. It is just a 5 minute walk and served very good food. We highly recommend it. But be forewarned, the serving sizes are far too large and you can never eat both a starter and a main course. We easily could have just eaten a starter. We would stay at this hotel again, although being so close to the aiport, the taxis charge far too much. The Airport shuttle is 4 pounds per person and even that I found expensive for such a short distance.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for such a lovely review

Reviewed May 19, 2010

I made a reservation via a travel website and prepaid 10 days in advance. When we arrived at 9 pm at night, I was told there was "a problem" and the hotel was fully booked (other guests continued to check in during this discussion). The management put me in the Sheraton next door, but the explanations, transfers and checking in took another hour.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank pmj2

Thank you so much for your review .

I am so sorry to hear about your inability to stay with us , we did indeed have an issue that night , that left us with no alternative but to relocate you .
Please accept my sincerest apologies for what happened , and under the circumstances it is only right we received a one star review from you .
I hope one day you get the chance to return to us , in which case we can hopefully show you what we are really all about.
Gavin

Reviewed May 14, 2010

a very charming and uplifting experience. The people are very accomadating, informative of local agendas. The rooms were very comfortable and staff were just awesome. No need to look any further. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
GavinHeathrow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2010

Thank you very much for such a lovely review

Reviewed May 14, 2010

My visit started with a great welcome, was supported by efficent and friendly service from the Reception Staff and Concierge, my room was perfectly clean, modern and extremely comfortable (great nights sleep).

Thanks very much for another good experience

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Thank you very much for such a lovely review , we hope to see you here again soon .

Reviewed May 14, 2010

As I'm sitting in my hotel room, I was compelled to write this review !!! I was stuck at Heathrow 5 on a connection to Vancouver, BC. I was the first passenger on standby not to make the flight. GOOD TIMES !!! I searched online for a hotel close to the airport and not that was going to make me pay an arm and leg considering that I was only going to be in it for about 10 hours. I settled on the Radisson Edwardian with no expectations other than a reasonable price of 76 quid. All the regular amenities and complimentary wireless internet ... WOW !!! Once I took the HOPPA bus for 4 quid, I was happily greeted by the cheerful doorman and a even friendlier front desk clerk (Venus). The service was professional, quick and attentive. I even received an upgrade to a king room !!! The hotel bar and restaurant looked fantastic (going to get down there right after I finish this review !!). The room is spacious and comfortable, bathroom large and adorned with lots of granite. I almost am happy that I was bumped off the flight and had a chance to experience this hotel. Thank you Radisson Edwardian for making my crappy day a happier and very relaxing one !

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo

Thank you very much for such a charming review

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!