“The Very Best You Could Ask For :D”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Myself and my partner booked to stay here there night before our week trip to New York, as we live around 90miles from Heathrow staying somewhere the night before was the best option.
We booked for 1night stay and 8 days car parking (£160)

We was greated at the reception by a young man called Antilla (i hope thats right) He upgraded our room to a deluxe suite which was brilliant!! He was so polite, explained everything we needed to know, asked us where we was going etc etc....Spot on guy!

Our room was perfect :) Super King size bed, lcd tv, stunning bathroom and toileries, warm decore, we couldn't ask for anymore!
The bed itself was one of the comfiest i think i had ever slept in! This was the perfect start to our holiday which we had been waiting so long for!

Free wireless internet also!

We was given a voucher for dinner, 2 for 1 if we ate in any of the 2 restaurants at the Raddison. Theres a choice of a brassarie type place or a more fine dining place which we chose to do hence the 2 for 1 offer.
Food was excellent! We both had fillet steak, cooked to perfection and well presented! Desert was just as good!
The only thing that let the restaurant down was the length of service, 7 people in the restaurant and took nearly an hour to get our food with no starters, apart from that, I could not fault it.

Our flight was at 11am so we left the hotel around 7.30am, there is a shuttle bus that runs every 10-20mins which costs £4each. It picks you up from the front door of the hotel and takes you straight to the terminal with a couple of pick ups on the way. It is the same on the return of you journey, from terminal to hotel.

On return of our trip very tired we was greated by the same guy Antilla who checked us in on the arrival to the Raddison a week before.... His first words with a big smile was "How was New York!?" In my eyes that is the type customer service that makes you want to go back time and time again For someone to remember you, where your going and ask how it was....well....we couldnt have asked for more:)

This is my second stay at a Raddison Hotel and for that little bit extra, the rewards are truely something to remember. From the check in, to the rooms, to the food and the return!
We will without a doubt be back to the Raddison in the near future:D

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gazzy85
GavinHeathrow, Gavin Sanders Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2010

Thank you so much for your lovely review .We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay , and so proud of Attilla as we are of all our staff.

We look forward to you returning to us soon .

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Reviewed February 8, 2010

About ten years after a truly disastrous stay at this hotel, I found myself stuck at LHR for a weather delay and foolishly took a friend's advice to stay there again. Big mistake. The cramped single-occupancy room I was given had battered, dingy furniture that looked to be about 25 years old, and a tiny, ancient television. Upon closer inspection of the bathroom and bed, I noticed a shocking quantity of hairs and dirt (particularly in the bathroom). In a highly uncharacteristic move for me, I actually went so far as to go down to the desk and complain. To the manager's credit, I was immediately upgraded to a "deluxe king", which was a larger room with newer furniture and coffee/tea-making supplies. This one was cleaner (although STILL a giant black hair on the brilliant white pillowcase--really, how hard is this to get right??) and more comfortable, including a flat-screen TV that was visible to the naked eye. But still, no bars of soap or real shampoo provided--just annoying dispensers of liquid soap and shower gel. This is not at all in keeping with the Radisson standard. The decor of the rooms, even the "refurbished" ones, is grim and depressing. I have given this place two tries now, and in both cases it was seriously disappointing. Given the number of much newer hotels in the area, I am really surprised that this place gets the high ratings that it has.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
GavinHeathrow, Gavin sanders hotel manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2010

Thank you so much for your review .

I am sorry you were given one of our older rooms , and that it was not to your liking. I am pleased however that when mentioning this the situation was dealt with well , and you were moved to one of our new deluxe rooms .
Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the Brasserie and our staff , we are glad you enjoyed your meal .
Although we use soap dispensers for enviromental reasons , I would like you to know that bars of soap are available on request , just mention it if you have the occassion to stay with us again .
I do hope you will return , and even though it would appear the decor of our new rooms are not ot your liking , an overwhelming number of guests speak very highly of them and our service , and I am sure a return visit would show you what a genuinely nice hotel this is .

Reviewed February 3, 2010

Be careful with this hotel. The hotel frontage & public areas, as well as the rates all look very good, but they have some old rooms that they use (and unfortunately I got!).

The old rooms are fairly small but adequate, but the heating is a bit hit and miss. The bedroom was warm but the bathroom was freezing. The TV was one of the smallest I've seen in ages and the picture quality was poor. In addition, the room isn't double glazed, so their is some aircraft noise if they are using a certain runway. The work desk was small but adequate but the desk light didn't work.

The room & bathroom were clean and tidy though. They offer soap & shower gel in bottles that are bolted to the wall (like those awful Travelodges).

The Brasserie for food was pleasant and the staff were really friendly. I had Steak & Chips. The steak was fantastic, one of the best I'd had in ages. But the thick cut chips were terrible. Soggy on the outside and crunchy/raw on the inside.

In fairness the hotel did apologise in that my room was an old one, but unless you can guarantee a new room, I don't think I'd take the risk again and there's so much choice at Heathrow.

Oh and one last thing, they charge guests to park the night you're staying - so a hidden charge of approx. £20 overnight.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
GavinHeathrow, Gavin Sanders Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2010

thank you very much for the review . I am sorry you got one of our older rooms , but glad to say that within the next 6 weeks all our double rooms will be finished as the refurbishment draws to a close .
We appreciate you kind comments regarding the brasserie , and i am so pleased you enjoyed both the food and the service .
Even though i have written to you directly prior to the review , I would like to apologise once again for the Chips , we have completely changed the way in which they are now cooked , and should you dine with us again , I am sure they would be of a similar high standard to the rest of the food you enjoyed.

I would also just like to mention that all our rooms are double glazed to the highest specification , and that we we very open about our car parking charge , both at the reservation stage and on entering the car park .

I hope you have the chace to return to us soon .

Reviewed February 2, 2010

We stayed here in Feb 2009 and again in January this year, with the 15 days free parking and an upgraded Deluxe Kingsize room which was just marvellous. The staff are all so friendly and helpful, and special thanks must go to Jaswinder on the concierge desk for all the help he gave us with securing good seats on our flight to Mumbai. We had the 2-for-1 meal offer in the Brasserie which was really good, and again the staff were all very friendly. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying there each time we fly out of Heathrow.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunandbeachDorset

thank you so much for such a lovely review , and we look forward to returning to us soon .

Reviewed February 1, 2010

Stayed here for an overnight transit. On the whole, it is good value, but i wouldn't pay anything more than GBP65 to stay here. Make sure to request a newly refurbished room. Refurbished room in good condition, however water pressure in the shower was very weak. The hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi to all rooms so that's a definite plus.

Henley's steakhouse restaurant was very mediocre, but thankfully it's 2 mins. walk to a McDonalds.

Would i stay here again, yes if on a short overnight transit and just needed a place to sleep and shower.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
GavinHeathrow, Gavin Sanders at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2010

thank you for your review .

I am glad that overall you would return to us , and i assure you the incident regarding your water pressure must have been local to your particular room at the time , as we do not experience issues like this generally .

I hope you do get the chance to visit us again soon

Reviewed January 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed one night on 26th Dec. last year. The room was clean and tidy. The bed was huge and comfortable. It was impressive. They upgraded the room when we checked in, so it was specious as well. After a long-hour flight, that was what we really needed.
The stuff was friendly and helpful. One of the stuff compared several possibilities and suggested us the best way to Paddington station when I asked him. We went as he had suggested, and got there smoothly and even had time to buy lunch before getting on the train.
One thing I didn't like was temperature in a restauant. It was too cold to have a meal in the morning. Tea turned to be lukewarm pretty quickly. However, the food was good and choice was wide range. That was a good point about the restaurant. If you need some comforts after a tiresome flight, this will be a place. We were very happy to stay there.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank choccychoc
GavinHeathrow, Gavin Sanders Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2010

Thank you very much for your kind review .
I have spoken to our restaurant manager to ensure that the temperature in the restaurant is kept at a comfortable level , it is easily adjustable .

I do hope you have the occassion to return to us soon .

Reviewed January 25, 2010

We tend to spend the night before any flight out of Heathrow at this hotel. They offer a great package of free parking (8 or 15 nights) but better still, if you book a deluxe room, they throw in a private chauffeur to drive you to whichever terminal you are departing from, and then on your return, they deliver your car back to the short term carpark. It saves so much time rather than waiting on a taxi or the dreaded hoppa bus which seems to take ages to arrive and then tours the entire airport carparks before getting to yours. It is particulary great if you have a lot of luggage or skis bags etc as you can simply collect your stuff at the baggage reclaim and then wheel your trolley to the carpart and load stuff directly into your car.

Hotel is currently also offering a package of 2 for 1 dining in their restaurant the night of your stay too.

We have tried most of the hotels around Heathrow but this one is now our hotel of choice as the add-on services make it cost effective and a pleasant start/end to your holiday

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dee090
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2014

Thank you for this review, now we are in 2014, This Hotel has been transformed, We now have state of the art Audio Visual equipment in lovely new Conference Rooms.

The Bedrooms are refurbished & the Restaurants & bars are new.

We are planning to open a Fish & Chip Shop in 2015 too.

You will be surprised at the difference.. Come and see the changes for yourself.

Regards

Craig Lawson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!