“Great stay in a Busy location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I recently stayed at the Radisson Heathrow on Business, the hotel is well located and has every facility one could wish for. It is clean and comfortable and easily accessible, it has more than adequate parking for all of its guests. The staff are friendly and accomodating and the breakfast (included in my room rate) was both varied and delicious. I did not take the opportunity to sample the restaurant on this visit but chose instead to visit Windsor, a beautiful town, well worth a visit and only 30 minutes away.
I would rate my stay as a very positive experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
GavinHeathrow, Gavin Sanders Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2009

thank you so much for such a nice review

Write a ReviewReviews (5,097)

Reviewed May 11, 2009

The entire staff at the hotel were very helpful. Breakfast was a good value. Will stay there again in November.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
GavinHeathrow, Gavin Sanders Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2009

thank you very much for you kind comments , and we look forward to seeing you again soon .

Reviewed May 6, 2009

I stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Heathrow while on a business trip to London as a conference was organized there. The Radisson Edwardian is like an other charmless chain hotel in suburbs anywhere in the world. It is a low rise with a slightly tired and faded interiors starting from the lobby to the carpeting in the corridors and the rooms. We took a taxi from Heathrow which turned out to be a problem due to the short distance involved and the cab driver was cribbing at us throughout the journey for not taking the airport shuttle which is a viable option if you are on a budget and want to save some money.

The hotel is located about a 15 min bus ride from the Underground stop that connects to Central London. The bus ride is free if you are taking the tube but it takes more than an hour to reach Central London (Zone 1) inclduing the waiting time for the bus, the bus and the tube journey. It is not the most convenient location if you are in London as a tourist but could be an alternative for those catching an early morning flight and want to be close to the airport.

The breakfast buffet was ok with lots of choice but the breakfast room had the same tired decor as the rest of the hotel. Radisson tried to postion its Edwardian brand of hotels as luxurious alternatives with an old world charm but need to seriously refurbish this property if they want to off the Edwardian concept with savvy travellers.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

some of our bedstock are tired , and are priced accordingly .
We are currently refurbishing all our bedrooms , and it is regretable that you did not get to see one for yourself .
hopefully if you ever return you will get a chance to see one , and i am sure you would have a very different view .

Reviewed April 28, 2009

We stayed at the Radisson after a long flight back from a fantastic holiday in Thailand. They offered a good parking and hotel deal but for a 5* we were very disappointed. Check in was very good, we asked for a quiet room (on a non smoking floor - not sure whey we were asked as I thought all hotels were non smoking now). As soon as we got out of the lift we were hit with a strong smell of stale smoke. The room smelt so badly of stale smoke we called down to reception and asked to move. While we waited for them to come up with another key, I noticed a thick layer of dust on the shelf and everything was generally shabby. The second room was larger and more traditionally decorated - but a bit tired. The sink had a thick layer of dust around the vanity unit and generally it didnt feel nice and clean. Overall - it seems to be aimed at either the American market or just people who are just stopping over but considering its name and supposed reputation - disappointing - don't bother!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

I am really sorry your experience was not a good one , but i will stress once again we are currently refurbishing our rooms , and if you were to stay in one of our newly appointed rooms yuor experience would be totally different .
Smoking has not been banned in hotels , and there are certain rooms allocated as smoking rooms , although it can be difficult to control if customers ignore the rules and choose to smoke regardless .
Hopefully should you ever return all our rooms will be finished , and you would see what a beautiful product we really have .

Reviewed April 25, 2009

I overnighted at the Radisson Edwardian, Heathrow when transiting from one country to another. I got in at midnight and was appalled to find not one but several urine droplets on the toilet seat. As I got into the shower, there was pubic hair everywhere. There was also an unnecessary rusty water scum stain at the back of the bathtub - it could have easily been wiped away - I smeared it with my finger. The bathroom looked like it had been cleaned - how could they miss such obvious things?!

But I think what REALLY annoyed me was the fact as I checked in they asked if I wanted a wake up call (yes), what time (7.30am). I was assured that was booked in. I never got my wake up call! It was just shear luck as I fumbled around in my bag I came across my alarm clock and set that as a back up! I really expect when I am ASKED if I want a wake up call and its confirmed, I expect it! I had a plane to catch which I could have missed if I hadn't set my alarm clock as well!

And then to wrap it all up, as I left, the doorman misheard me when I said I needed a bus for Terminal 3 - and let that bus go by as I pointed out to him that was the one I wanted - he thought I wanted Terminal 1 apparently.. One.. Three... Don't quite rhyme. He then sent me down a block (me pulling my suitcase) to an ordinary busstop and told me to get on any bus that came by, it would be free... Oh well. At least I learnt the public buses around Heathrow are free to the local hotels... But I was just thankful I only had one bag on wheels with me this time and it was a cool morning.

Apart from the lack of cleanliness in the bathroom and front desk service there... the bed was very comfortable and I liked the room... Does that help after the litany of complaints I had? I just expect more from a 4 or 5 star hotel!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
GavinHeathrow, Gavin Sanders Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2009

You are quite right to expect more . Your room should be clean on arrival , your wake up call should be given , and at the stated time , and although there was obviously a miss understanding regarding the terminal you required , it would appear that our doorman could have been far more helpful .
Please let me apologise for what happened , I assure you this is not what usually occours here at the Hotel , and for three things to happen to one person is very very disappointing .
I will be going through all your issues with my management team and i am sure if you return you will see an improvement .

Reviewed April 20, 2009

Was second visit to hotel for an overnight stay before flying to America. Great location, lovely and clean. Breakfast was superb - will definately stay here again when travelling.

Reviewed April 8, 2009

We always stay at this hotel whenever we fly from Heathrow. Tried lots of others in the area but none come anywhere near the quality of rooms, staff and service.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your very nice review

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!