“Great for Heathrow”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed here before we left for America, bought an overnight and twenty day parking deal.
Everything is excellent, rooms, food, parking for the car. Would certainly use again if flying from Heathrow and need to park the car.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Kel2651,

Thank you for the lovely review, i hope to see you back soon, when over from Ipswich.

Craig

Write a ReviewReviews (5,160)

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed twice, at the beginning and end of our trip to Europe.

It has a nice bar, and the restaurants are have quality food. The rooms were very nice. For people not used to the UK's energy saving measures, you need to put your room key card in a slot near the door to make the lights work. This hotel seems to have a pretty wide definition of "near the door", so have your cell phone or other light source handy when you walk in the first time, particularly at night.

We stayed there because Heathrow airport is nearby. Due to the logistics of our particular trip that made sense (late arrival, early departure). If you have a little more time, you can take the subway between Heathrow and downtown London fairly easily, so using this hotel just because it is close to the airport may not make sense for your trip.

To/from Heathrow

We took a taxi, which cost about 10 pounds, to get there from the airport. At the end of our trip, we took the "hotel hoppa" bus to get back to the airport. At 9 pounds, it wasn't much of a savings. We were crammed in with many other people, and the bus stopped at every hotel along the way. This was an uncomfortable and time consuming way to save a pound. I don't recommend it. It appears there were also free bus options during the day -- we didn't explore these because of the timing of our trip.

Going downtown

There is a free bus service about a block away that will get you to the Hatton Cross subway station, and from there you can take the subway to pretty much anywhere in London. This worked well for us.

Room Tip: We came in very late and got upgraded for free to a suite, but of course that sort of thing is hit o...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MJVD13
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear MJVD13

Thank you for the nice review, i think part of it was cut off at the bottom, however in relation to the fire alarm episode,fortunately it does not happen very often, but when it does, it can be inconvenience to everyone, having said that I'm sure you can understand that the fire alarms are in place for the safety of everyone in the Hotel and they only activate for a valid reason, which in turn needs to be investigated.

The first fire alarm was caused by someone smoking in a non smoking bedroom and the second alarm was caused by someone (not a member of staff) smashing the fire alarm with a trolley in one of the corridors, The first guest was charged for the clean up of the room, as we had to put the bedroom out of service for two days, in order for it to be deep cleaned as the smell of cigarette smoke was not easy to get rid of. As for the second alarm, this was smashed due to someone pushing a trolley into it.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Excellent hotel, great location, not far from terminal. The rooms were very nice and had free wifi and coffee making facilities. Room also had a bath. Would definitely stay again. Perfect for early flight next day.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew S

Dear Andrew S,

Thank you for the lovely review, i hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This broken-in hotel sends you mixed signals. The staff at check-in is overly courteous, offering water, asking about your trip, eager to help with your bags, and yet in other places--the Trunk Bar and Restaurant, the Bijou--you'll encounter indifference and incompetence. The service is slow, and the bartender couldn't make a Martini (and when he figured it out, he didn't have any olives). The fitness center/spa is small, but well-equipped with treadmills, ellipticals, and spin bikes, so that is a plus. And yet the clean, modern rooms have a gaudy color scheme that seems out of place in a Carlson property; one thinks of sedate, Minnesota colors, yet the glass, brass, marble, and mirrors will make you feel like you're at a down and out casino, somewhere outside of Las Vegas. Also be warned: this place is only 1.7 miles from the airport, but it took 40 minutes for me to get there in the shuttle. An early departure is recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Barracoon,

Thank you for the review, i have pm'd you for some more details.

I am sorry & will sort this out.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were leaving early from Heathrow Terminal so after much searching, decided on this hotel. It was an excellent choice. Remember-I was just looking for a nice place to spend the night, I did not care about amenities. We had very little interaction with the staff-easy check-in, no issues, pleasant waitstaff in restaurant.

The room was very comfortable, nicely appointed and clean ( although not spotless). The Indian restaurant was very good albeit somewhat expensive, but this is London and it is an up-scale hotel.

Best of all is that we took the regular city bus ( #105 or 111) which was just a 2 minute walk from the hotel and much, much less expensive than the Hoppa ( about 10-fold!) Its stop is at the Central Bus station in Heathrow so very convenient to Terminal 3. It took about 10 -15 minutes to get to Heathrow from the hotel on the bus. The bus was crowded, but we were used to that in London.

I would absolutely stay here again. It met all our requirements for a lovely place to stay overnight near the airport. I can't imagine however, why you would stay here otherwise, unless you had business in the area. It is not in a scenic locale ( on a busy street) and is rather a big impersonal place.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Holly C

Dear Holly C

Thank you for the kind review, I hope to see you again soon when over from San Francisco.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I left behind a couple of items in my room accidentally but rang up two days after and was relieved to hear they were in lost property.

I emailed housekeeping with my CREDIT CARD details and was promised the items would be posted immediately.

Needless to say that was now 5 days ago and I have heard nothing. I have emailed them again twice now about where my items are and have had no reply. I rang up last night and spoke to a member of staff who informed me he would get the person dealing with my lost property to contact me today. They have not (and I believe their shift has now finished)

Utterly poor customer services.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Nigel S,

This is the first i have heard of this, i have pm'd you & will sort this out, apologies.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Arrived late a need a drink !! The bar man Raman ( I think ) was amazing - knowledgable and courteous and one of the nicest chaps I've spoken to in a hotel for ever !! I stayed on 30th June and although I like Nz wine - he suggested I sampled the Chilean too as it was excellent ! He was right . Another good stay - although seriously disturbed by the fire alarm going off at 5am and then again at 6am which took several attempts to reset ! And it's not quite ...

Stayed: June 2014
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Hixxy76,

I'd like to clarify the episode with regards to the Fire Alarm...fortunately it does not happen very often, but when it does, it can be inconvenience to everyone, having said that I'm sure you can understand that the fire alarms are in place for the safety of everyone in the Hotel and they only activate for a valid reason, which in turn needs to be investigated.

I am sorry for what happened, but I'm sure that you can understand that we have to be so careful with regards to fire alarms & how we investigate them. I have been with the company since 1994 and all alarms in the Hotel have been false alarms, but we just cannot take a chance when it comes to the lives of people. God forbid if a fire was to start, but if it did we would want everyone to be aware and take the necessary action.

Craig Lawson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!