“Broken Promises”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I left behind a couple of items in my room accidentally but rang up two days after and was relieved to hear they were in lost property.

I emailed housekeeping with my CREDIT CARD details and was promised the items would be posted immediately.

Needless to say that was now 5 days ago and I have heard nothing. I have emailed them again twice now about where my items are and have had no reply. I rang up last night and spoke to a member of staff who informed me he would get the person dealing with my lost property to contact me today. They have not (and I believe their shift has now finished)

Utterly poor customer services.

Stayed: July 2014
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Nigel S,

This is the first i have heard of this, i have pm'd you & will sort this out, apologies.

Craig Lawson

Write a ReviewReviews (5,097)

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Arrived late a need a drink !! The bar man Raman ( I think ) was amazing - knowledgable and courteous and one of the nicest chaps I've spoken to in a hotel for ever !! I stayed on 30th June and although I like Nz wine - he suggested I sampled the Chilean too as it was excellent ! He was right . Another good stay - although seriously disturbed by the fire alarm going off at 5am and then again at 6am which took several attempts to reset ! And it's not quite ...

Stayed: June 2014
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Hixxy76,

I'd like to clarify the episode with regards to the Fire Alarm...fortunately it does not happen very often, but when it does, it can be inconvenience to everyone, having said that I'm sure you can understand that the fire alarms are in place for the safety of everyone in the Hotel and they only activate for a valid reason, which in turn needs to be investigated.

The first fire alarm was caused by someone smoking in a non smoking bedroom and the second alarm was caused by someone (not a member of staff) smashing the fire alarm with a trolley in one of the corridors, The first guest was charged for the clean up of the room, as we had to put the bedroom out of service for two days, in order for it to be deep cleaned as the smell of cigarette smoke was not easy to get rid of. As for the second alarm, this was smashed due to someone pushing a trolley into it.

I am sorry for what happened, but I'm sure that you can understand that we have to be so careful with regards to fire alarms & how we investigate them. I have been with the company since 1994 and all alarms in the Hotel have been false alarms, but we just cannot take a chance when it comes to the lives of people. God forbid if a fire was to start, but if it did we would want everyone to be aware and take the necessary action.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I am surprised I was not charged to check out of the hotel as quite frankly you are charged for almost everything else! Breakfast not included, £14 parking charge & a £2 service charge on drinks are just some examples. Stayed on business with several other colleagues and we won't be staying again.

The price we paid for dinner in the Indian restaurant was not worth the meal we had. £25 a head for a main/side/soft drink was astronomical, considering the food was 'pre prepared.' I asked if I could have a dish made with chicken instead of prawn, and was told 'no' as the meal is 'pre prepared.' When the meal came, the chicken was grisly and poor quality. I was later informed by the amiable chef that it was leg meat - which was not advertised. I would however say the staff were very friendly and efficient.

Also £17 for breakfast, where we had to que for 10 minutes & and ask several times for drinks and cutlery, felt unrealistic.

The rooms were basic & amenities poor.

Can't fault the staff in this hotel but the quality of food & overall experience needs to justify the expensive prices.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Brumtraveller5

Dear Brumtraveller5,

Thank you for you review,I have pm'd you as i would like to get a bit more information from you, such as date of stay & room number, so i can heck out the issues with regards to the amenities etc.

You mention that your Breakfast was not included in your rate, I'm not sure what website you booked with but it depends on what rate you picked, for example a lot of rates do include breakfast, or superior rooms, however some rates are room only, this would be displayed on the 3rd party websites at the time of booking.

We do have a car park which is chargeable and this is displayed on our website, however we are very competitive compared to other hotels on the strip.

With regards to the service charge on drinks, the £2 is incorrect, & any service charge is optional.

On the subject of the food in Annayu, I can assure you that the food is not pre prepared; in fact I would urge anyone to check out the reviews for Annayu & judge for yourself, however i do understand that it is a matter of taste, so to speak.

Bhavesh, tells me that The Head Chef came to see you on the evening and explained that, that particular chicken dish uses meat from the leg, rather than the breast as it is tastier for that dish.

He also mentioned that the bill was reduced too because of the chicken dish.

I will speak to the staff regarding the queue at breakfast though & I apologise for this, I will just wait for the date of stay.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I am an Indian traveller who usually avoids going to Indian restaurants when abroad. However, I must say that the food at the Indian restaurant in this hotel is excellent. The chef, who is a former employee of Taj group of hotels knows his job and and has created an excellent Menu. the Tandoori King prawns are excellent, so is the butter chicken and the Duck in Indian curry. I will not hesitate to go again, if I get the chance. Khushwant Singh, author/columnist, Chandigarh.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Khushwant S
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Khushwant S,

Thank you for the lovely review, i hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights in a group. All the members of the group are highly educated, well-placed in society and well-mannered.
Most of them are op the opinion that location (quite near the airport and metro), decor, public areas, food and ambiance of the hotel are exceptionally good. The hotel is clean with good clean and comfortable rooms. Sleep quality in the room is also very good. The hotel has free wi-fi.
The Asian staff members are polite, decent and hard working.
I have traveled a lot and say that there is always a scope for improvement. Having said that, without making a complaint, let me present the other side of the coin also. I say that there is a bitter truth also.
Attitude and behavior of the Restaurant Manager a young woman (presumably an English Lady) was not in accordance with the hospitality industry. It was neither friendly nor helpful. On the contrary, it was unpleasant, ill-mannered, appallingly bad and unreasonable. I hope and trust she improves; and that the Senior Management takes note and take steps to improve.

Room Tip: The hotel room where we stayed was good
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RMAggar

Dear RMAggar,

Thank you for your review, i have pm'd you for some more information, i'm sorry about what happened, but i will get to the bottom of this.

We don't have a English Manageress in TRUNK, so await further details from you.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on a stopover between flights. Rooms are adequate , clean and functional. Room numbering system has to be the most confusing I've ever encountered. Took 15 mins to find our room. No logic to signage and room number sequences. Good is restaurant was good and convenient shuttle to and from Heathrow.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Bevis6,

Thank you for your review, we do have two different sets of lifts and if you take the wrong set it can make for a longer walk to your room, i'll ensure we make sure we give better directions in future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Excellent hotel with very helpful and friendly staff. There was easy parking at rear of hotel and hotel location provided very convenient access to Windsor and surrounding areas. In all an ideal location for business travellers from LHR.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Keith N,

Thanks for the tremendous review, i hope to see you back soon.

Craig Lawson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!