“England 2014 trip”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here our first and last nights of our 10 yr anniversary trip.
Great stay the first night on the first floor.
Treated to champagne and strawberries at dinner and was delighted w/first nights stay.
Slept well w/no noise. A MAJOR PLUS!!

Last night's stay before heading back to the states was the opposite of first nights.
People staying next to us on the 4th floor were in and out from 1am on and were loud, both talking and with loud music. So disrespectful. Doesn't help i am a light sleeper.

I would stay here again due to the location (hoppa was a stop from airport!), staff (very professional!), room being very nice, neat, comfy, spacious, and clean and the price was right. Dining was yummy too at the Trunk.

Room Tip: We stayed both nights by the elevator. Request to be away from the elevator to avoid noise or peo...
1  Thank seg26
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear seg26,

Thank you for your review, i have just pm'd you for some more info. I'm pleased you had a good first stay but disappointed about your last stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Excellent hotel with fine luxury and fabulous rooms near heathrow, perfect business travel destination and well connected to airport and central london. nice food and friendly staff. obsulute decesion for LUXURY

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear HarishTheTravelAgent,

Thank you for the tremendous review, see you again soon

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I needed something close to the airport after arriving from Australia, as I was flying out to Ireland early the next morning. Found a good rate on the Radisson Blu online.

It is definitely a mix of pros and cons.

Pros:
- Free wifi
- Bed was very comfortable
- Large tv
- Good shower pressure (important after a long haul!) - also liked the refillable bottles concept but the conditioner one didn't work.
- A number of food options both within the hotel (didn't try them) and McDonalds and others nearby
- Friendly staff
- Very close to the airport. I caught one of the Hopper buses and the schedule was very clear. Only took about 10 minutes to get to/from the terminal. Make sure you have UK currency.

Cons:
- My room was quite small - very very little space around the bed to put your suitcase, so if you are traveling as a family, this may prove limiting for you if you have multiple suitcases.
- There was a large queue when I arrived and I decided to use the computer sign in as an alternative. Went through the whole process only to have it say it couldn't give me a key card, so had to queue anyway. But the staff were apologetic.
- Wondered why the hallways were sooooo dark? A bit spooky compared to the rest of the hotel.

Anyhow, nothing flash, but has everything you need for a short stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Leafsgirl77
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Leafsgirl77,

Thank you for the review, i have pm'd you to get a bit more information from you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a gorgeous relaxed stay here. Stayed one night in basic room which was a delight ! double room was decorated beautifully, felt very relaxed. Check in staff were excellent. Room had little details that made the difference to or stay, plenty of toiletries (not little sample pots that are normally provided) lights that could be dimmed, bottled water,hair dryer that works well !
we did not use gym etc although staff were excellent at showing me what was available, very pleasant , we were just too tired.
Breakfast was delicious, best I've had, in a lovely setting. not like normal mass feeding area.
I did experience a waitress being spoken to quite rudely by another guest, who was TELLING her where he was going to sit etc, totally uncalled for, and the waitress just kept her calm and answered in a very professional way.
I also loved loved that staff would check we were ok? We obviously had a puzzled look on our faces ( needed to now about arrivals at airport etc) and a staff member took the time to explain how to get to airport, again very professional.
My husband and I both agreed that we will use the hotel again in near future for holiday stopovers etc , felt like home from home.

2  Thank Tracey F
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Tracey F,

Thanks for the gret review, I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were a bit worried about having a hotel so close to the airport (we booked online without realising how close it was). What a surprise we got when we woke the next morning to find we hadn't heard anything!!! Very pleased with this.
Hotel was in a good location to stay the night before our flight out. Took a while to get into London on the tube but we did expect this.
Overall, very please with the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear KDB14,

Thank you for the lovely review, i'm pleased you had a good stay, to get into London, you can get a free bus which is a 5 minute ride to Hatton Cross or T1/2/3, it is then a 50 min ride to Leicester Square on the Piccadilly Line

See you agan soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was able to finagle a room in this hotel on a night when it was sold out. I was staying down the street at the horrible Renaissance Marriott and I was absolutely desperate for a decent hotel. This hotel far exceeded my expectations with beautiful rooms, a fantastic modern ambiance, and friendly staff. I had a nicely appointed room and even got a drink voucher for an upgraded room status. Also, Internet was free...yes free!!! This hotel was close to the airport and I was able to get a great nights sleep without feeling dirty like I did in the other hotel. The experience here was so great that I signed up to be a rewards member, something I never do with hotels or airlines. I will for sure be staying here in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Nicole M,

Thank you for the kind review, i'm glad we were able to help you.

I hope to see you back when over from Boston too.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My partner and I stayed here the night I landed on my flight from Australia. The beautiful deep bath was hot, amazing and exactly what I needed.

We booked a late check out and wandered down to enjoy a club sandwich and cocktail in the bar the next morning. My partner commented on the wonderful Italian/Spanish attendee behind reception whose manner was so polite and professional.

In addition the blonde bar attendee (also foreign) stood out as excellent, the clubs were tasty and generous and the cocktails started my holiday off on a very nice note.

A perfect stay.

Dear 114466Lyn ,

Thank you for the splendid write up. I hope you stay again soon.

Craig Lawson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow Ariel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!