“Blu Edwardian Won't Have You Singing the Blues”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
Toronto
“Blu Edwardian Won't Have You Singing the Blues”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I recently stayed at the Blu Edwardian Heathrow while traveling through London on business. It was very busy at the time as there was a convention on but the check in process was efficient and I was quickly able to get to my room. I had pre-booked and paid my room on-line with a good rate and was told upon check in that my room type was not available due to the hotel being quite full. The front desk staff was very pleasant and said he just wanted to inform me so that when I got to my room I would see that it was different than what I reserved. Since I had booked, confirmed and prepaid on line I then asked if I would be compensated for the difference in room types. He informed me that due to the online prepayment he could not credit me anything on the room. I was about to recite the Seinfeld show line of "you're good at taking the reservation but not good at holding the reservation, which is the most important part of the reservation", when he said he would add breakfast to my room at no extra cost. The breakfast option is very expensive at the hotel and I had planned to just find something at the airport or walk nearby but I was extremely glad I had this option the next morning. The breakfast was excellent and the options were endless - I was very pleased. This, I felt was a good compromise on their part.
The room itself was well laid out and updated, with free wifi and good lighting. The bathroom although a tad small (but it is London after all), was well appointed and the heated towel rack was a nice bonus in the morning. The hotel is very close to Heathrow and I took a taxi from the airport the night before as it was very late when I arrived (taxi is fairly pricey for the short trip - 25 GBP- cash only) but I took the Hoppa back in the morning and its very easy to get, quick and only 4.50 GBP. Ask the concierge - he can get you the details - its very simple as you can pay at the from desk for 4 GBP or on board the bus for 4.50. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers through London, as the service was excellent, the location is convenient to Heathrow and the rooms are updated and well appointed. I would not recommend it for people who are visiting London for an extended stay as it is far from the city center.

2 Thank Heppster
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Heppster,

Thank you for the lovely review, i'm glad you had a good stay & you were happy. I'm guessing that you took a black cab for the journey here as it does seem pricey, especially as you can get the hoppa bus here to the Hotel or jump on one of the normal red buses, these stop just outside and are free too from the airport.

I hope to see you again soon.

Craig Lawson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

A lot of good things to say about this hotel. Firstly and it's a biggie... FREE WIFI throughout! This is a big plus for me as most hotels seem to want to charge you a fortune for just an hour! Hotel is very nicely decorated, looks quite grand. Next to airport so convienent for Heathrow, we weren't really bothered by the plane noise. Car park was expensive but this isn't uncommon for the area so it was expected. Room very clean, comfortable bed, decent bathroom, lovely big window. Breakfast was delicious, plenty of choice and the food tasted of good quality, staff at breakfast as well as check in desk were very friendly. Gym good with sauna, steam room and plunge pool but would perhaps suggest instead of the latter, installing a jacuzzi. :-)

So all in all a very good hotel and would have got five stars, however, as you walk into the lobby there seems to be some kind of fragrance, an aroma and I guess this is used to create some kind of ambience? However it is overpowering and I think it's really unnecessary. On Saturday morning it smelt of a mixture of lavender and fish and made us feel a bit queasy!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear LobbyLimb,

Thank you for the kind review, i'll look into the Aroma in the lobby & get it turned down.

See you again soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Easy to get to via the Hotel Hoppa (£4.50 one way), modern room decor, good service from the check in staff. Happy with the room rate too. I do have a few criticisms: Brighten up the corridors, which stretch for miles and are far too dimly lit. Toilets are a tad small, and my room door had quite a substantial gap at the bottom, which spoiled the otherwise well insulated room.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Milchpuder,

Thank you for the review, i've Pm'd you to get a bit more information from you.

I hope to see you back soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Fantastic hotel. Beautiful decor and lovely helpful staff and AMAZING treatments at the spa. Genuinely the best massage I've ever had. Spa facilities were lovely but it was a bit dark and gloomy. I had room service and it was delicious! Very close to terminals 1,2&3 so excellent if you're going to the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Dolldie
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Dolldie,

Thank you for the splendid review, i'll pass your comments on to the SPA too.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over night before flying. Perfect location for airport and easy to find.
Check in quick and efficient, rooms well appointed and very good night sleep.amazingly quiet,very clean .
I would defiantly use this hotel again.
Big car park with big spaces.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eatdrinkstay
Dear eatdrinkstay,

Thank you for the lovely review, i hope to see you again soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Never in all my years of travelling have I been charged to park in the car park of the hotel that I am staying in as a guest in.

Yes - if I left the car whilst not staying at the hotel. No - If I am staying at the hotel.

In opinion the £14.00 24hr car parking charge should be made clear when booking. This brings a new meaning to stealth tax.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel that doesn't charge guests for parking whilst staying at the hotel
1 Thank Pat_Hiscock
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Pat_Hiscock,

Thank you for the review, i sorry that you felt the need to write the above review about the car park charge.

We do mention this on our website & the tariff is clearly displayed when you enter through the barrier.

All the Hotels on the strip charge for parking, as space is at a premium, however we are one of the most competitive, you are more than welcome to check this out, I can assure you that it is true.

I do hope to see you again in the near future.

Dublin
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed here recently for a Conference, and an ideal location if you are there purely on Conference with little else to do. It was ideal for me as I flew into Heathrow and didn't have far to travel. The Staff were extremly friendly, the rooms lovely and the food was excellent.

1 Thank Maria M
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Maria M,

Thank you for the lovely review, I hope to see you back soon.

Craig Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!