“good service and nice staff”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Hayes
England
“good service and nice staff”
Reviewed July 31, 2008

I was very worried about staying here after looking at some reviews below! However my experience turned out to be a good one. Check in was fast and efficient. The room was very nice, a good size and a very nice modern nice bathroom, the shower was fab. The rooms are quite a walk though and I found it a bit of a maze from check in to the lifts!
The bar area was lovely and cosy and I found the food very tasty. All staff were so professional and helpful. Over all it had a great atmosphere to kick off my holiday, its very much a stop over hotel and although definitely not worth a 5 star rating, for the price I paid I found it a very good choice.

• Stayed June 2007
2 Thank EnglandTraveller57
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
Thank you for this review, now we are in 2014, This Hotel has been transformed, We now have state of the art Audio Visual equipment in lovely new Conference Rooms.

We are planning to open a Fish & Chip Shop in 2015 too.

You will be surprised at the difference.. Come and see the changes for yourself.

Craig Lawson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
West Midlands
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Stayed here for one night in July 2008. In common with many of the hotels around Heathrow, the Radisson is one of those dark wood and wallpaper affairs that seem to have been thrown up during the 70s and 80s to satisfy growing demand at the airport.

In terms of service there are no problems but this hotel is desperately in need of updating. For the price I would have expected a far more modern room plus a bathroom that wasn't showing signs of wear and tear (the toilet flush for example had gouged chunks out of the wall). The bed was comfortable enough though, which is the all important thing if you're hoping to catch a few hours sleep before an early flight. Mini bar was an absolute rip off though.

Somewhat surprised really that Radisson put their name to this. I'd spend my money elsewhere next time.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank PointyHairedBoss78

UK
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I booked this hotel as I was flying to Brazil to meet my partner who was visiting relatives. My flight to Brazil was a 6am start, so I only wanted somewhere to crash for a few hours the night before.

I booked the room via the lastminute.com 'secret hotel' choice, and was pleasantly surprised when I got this hotel for £80, as the rack rate was closer to £200!!

But to say I was disappointed was an understatement!! I didnt arrive at the hotel until nearly 11pm the night before as my flight to London had been delayed, which meant I'd only really have 4 hours in the hotel.

After check in I went up to my room and grabbed a quick shower. The bathroom was small and quite pokey, the silicone seal coming away from the wall/bath, so looked a little messy. There was only one towel in the room, no bath robes despite it advertising this on the website.

I ordered room service at 11pm, and was told it'd be with me within 30 minutes. 30 minutes later and it hadn't shown up, and when I called they told me they had forgotten, and it'd be another 30 mins!! The food was of a good standard when it arrived, albeit a little cold.

Given I had to get up and leave the hotel at 3am, I wanted to get straight to sleep. No chance!! The hotel was very noisy, there was a couple rowing somewhere in the hotel for 3 hours which was extremely loud, and the doors slam shut as opposed to gently closing as you find in some hotels.

The last thing that tipped me over the edge was when I booked a taxi at check in back to LHR, to be told I had to be there 3 hrs before check in. When I arrived at LHR, I was told check in didnt open until 2 hrs before!!

All in all I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
4 Thank aw2010

Maryland, USA
Reviewed July 5, 2008

I was sent here by my airline when I was connecting flights in Heathrow and a flight was canceled overnight. It's ok as a place to just get some sleep (beds comfortable, good temperature control, and reasonably good sound insulation). But it's not as fancy as it is clearly trying to be. Dinner was covered by the airline's deal with the hotel, in the form of a buffet. The buffet was actually not bad for Britain, but I was required to show up for dinner in a one hour window, and was told off by staff for sitting in the "wrong part" of the hotel restaurant. Rooms are rather 'tired' for a hotel of this class, but there may be improvements on the way - many of the rooms on my hallway were in the process of being gutted and renovated. Free wireless internet was a nice surprise, and it worked pretty well. For being stuck at Heathrow one could certainly do worse, but it's not somewhere that anybody should aspire to stay at.

• Liked — Free WiFi
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank CPtraveller

washington dc
Reviewed June 29, 2008

This hotel had some good reviews but I thought it was terrible when i checked in there was no offer of bell service, the checkin line was very long, the hotel has long, long, dark corridors and a strange numbering system I could not find my room i called from a hotel phone in the hallway and it took three transfers before anyone could even give me directions to the right hallway. the room was okay but certainly not luxurious, the service was terrible. I ordered a continental breakfast at a cost of 16 pounds only because i had to fly all day and did not want to check out and then go down to breakfast. when it came, it consisted of a couple of stale croissants and a fruit salad in which the grapes were rotten. I took part of a croissant and one of the grapes to the front desk when I checked out and instead of apologizing the front desk manager actually argued with me about whether the roll was stale-- she had to admit the grape was rotten. For $32, at least one would expect an apology. Having just stayed in downtown London at the Athenaeum hotel which was wonderful for nearly the same cost as this hotel, I was very disappointed. I would never stay here again, there are less costly hotels around Heathrow, even the new YOTEL in terminal 4 was more pleasant and a lot cheaper.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — rude staff and service dark and very, very long hallways with no help with luggage
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank PegMcNeill

Paris, France
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Beware! The hotel is quite far from Heathrow Airport, each check-in takes a good 10 minutes (plus wait = 20 to 30 minutes if you take the bus). They lack amenities (ie travel adaptors) and corridors are mile-long. Not for the tired business traveler.

• Liked — Check-in staff was friendly
  • Disliked — Long waits, long corridors, lack of amenities
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
Thank pochi.pochi

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Needed a bed for the night prior to an early morning flight out of Heathrow.

Arrived just before 10pm, had checked in online so was able to pick up key from reception and head straight to room. Staff were rude, uninterested and totally lacking in any sort of customer service. Worst welcome from any hotel I've stayed at in a long time.

Room was good enough for one night, nothing special though.

Didn't really get to use any of the facilities as I was only there for 9 hours. Did grab a couple of grey goose and tonic from the hotel bar, £11 ($22) each! Outrageous even by airport hotel standards!!!!

Didnt need to complete any check out formalities so headed straight for the bus to the airport.

In summary, reasonably convenient for airport, next door to 24 hour McDonalds in case of hunger! Awful staff who consider customers an inconvenience. Probably not be here again.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple

Craig Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!