“Great Airport Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Great Airport Hotel”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with our 3 year old daughter a night before flying out of Heathrow. We found a great package for room and parking through a website and this hotel came up as a undercover 4 star property. it was a lot cheaper than parking alone anywhere around Heathrow. We had paid upfront for the room without breakfast and it included the Hotel Hoppa bus return ticket to out terminal. The bus pics up from the front gate of the hotel and drops u outside the terminal departure and then picks up from outside the arrival area and drops you to the hotel. One bus only serves about 3 hotels so its very convenient. the location of the hotel is good (only about 20 mins to the terminals by hotel hoppa bus). The check in was quick and fast and we had requested a quieter room and was given a second floor room towards the back. Our electronic card key didn't work properly. We were let in by the housekeeping guy who came to set up the extra bed for our daughter. we went back to reception for it but it still didn't work 9/10 times. it didn't bother us much as we just went out once (for Dinner) Because of the layout of the hotel there are long corridors that you have to go through to get to the rooms so be prepared to walk. The room view was the 24 hour McDonalds restaurant across the road and its car park, but it didn't bother us either as we wanted to sleep. We got a great nights sleep as the bed was very very comfortable. There were plenty of fresh towels and extra pillows and blankets. the décor was contemporary and subtle. the bathroom was of decent size. We had a larger room with a King size bed and a sofa that turned into a bed. our package didn't include breakfast but they gave us a coupon with 25% off for Lunch or Dinner in their restaurant. We didn't see this till we checked out so couldn't use it (perhaps the front desk staff should point this out rather than had it with all other paperwork). The restaurant prices were a bit higher but it looked good. we went to the mcdonalds next door as that's where our little one wanted to go. there is also a starbucks in the hotel on the other side (opp to mcdonalds). We used the bar to get some drinks that I bought into the room. they do some good cocktails. The hotel also provides free coffee, Tea and Still Water in each room. in the lobby there's always some apple and still and sparkling water for guests. The staff members that we came across were all very polite and helpful. Just keep in mind that for the parking you have to leave your car keys with them as they can move your car in an emergency. the car park is at the back of the hotel and is a secure facility in open air. We also got a day rate room from them paid for over the counter when we returned on our overnight flight back from US as we loved their comfortable bed and slept soundly for about 4 hours before driving off home (think you can have the room till 8 pm on a day rate if you wish). Once the curtains are drawn then its dark in the room to give you some great sleep. Overall as airport hotel goes I would recommend this hotel. Keep in mind the comments from other guests that they have a big banqueting area and do hold functions. we personally cannot comment on the noise levels. ps. we had some noise for about 2 hours coming from the aircrafts between 10 and midnight but the bed makes up for that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear paddyindian,

Thank you for the comprehensive review, I'm glad you had a nice stay. You make a good point about the voucher & i will pass that on to the team.

I hope to see you back soon.

Craig Lawson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
New York City, USA
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My room at the Radisson was very brown and smelled of cleaning products. Unfortunately, the windows are bolted shut. There was a mysterious wet patch on the carpet and what I can only hope was cheese resting on a magazine. The bizarrely ambitious room phone (sporting a membrane keyboard) was manufactured by Alcatel, a brand that disappeared in 2006. Two chairs seemed designed to capture crumbs -- and they did. The bed wasn't made properly, either. (I don't ever want to see the mattress.)

The bathroom was bright and clean. Bring your own soap, unless you want a liquid with a strong menthol scent. You'll also be dealing with one of those bath and shower combos with a glass panel instead of a curtain. Unfortunately these are common in London.

I could not believe how active the ground floor was. This is a popular destination for a meal and a drink, it seems. Thankfully the noise does not travel far.

The Radisson Blu wraps an economy offering in shiny packaging. This sort of approach works for JetBlue because the planes are new. At this Radisson Blu, they need to renovate first. With free wifi and an amazingly inexpensive rate, it still may work in a pinch.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear gridskipper,

Thank you for the review, i have actually been in email contact with you already, but i thought i would just highlight a couple of things, as the title of the review is a bit mis leading.

You mention that the room was rusty, but i am not sure what you mean by this, if you could let me know. The bedroom windows do indeed open & are certainly not bolted shut either.

With regards to soap, we don't supply bars for hygiene purposes, this is also the reason for not using shower curtains too.

Alcatel, that supplies the telephone equipment, has not ceased trading, a quick goolge search will reveal that they are stronger than ever, we are not allowed to put links up, but they are a premium brand.

I just wish you had spoken to us during your stay , as anyone who has an issue or complaint can talk to us before leaving the Hotel, We are here to help & can resolve most things there & then.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Lawsonc@radisson.com
Wadhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is my second visit to the Radisson Blu prior to early flights the following morning and this hotel has, on both occasions, been good. Checking in and car parking are also easy with helpful reception staff. The rooms have been clean and in good condition with comfortable beds and checking out was without problems. On return to collect my car the reception dealt with it quickly so I was not waiting prior to the journey home. If the M25 ran as smoothly as this hotel that would be a terrific bonus!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ron L,

Thank you for the great review, we do like to think that we can perform miracles, but at this moment in time the M25 is a bit out of our reach.

I do hope to see you back soon.

Take care

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I needed to stay close to the airport on this trip and chose Radisson Blu,because I have a SAS bonus card. My stay was marvellous.
Friendly reception , lovely room and brilliant service at the Spa/Gym (with one of the best massages I've ever had).
I dined in the restaurant and enjoyed a very tasty meal; the service was good and the timing of the delivery of the various courses was exactly right.
I will definitely stay there again and encourage my friends to do so as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chris M,

Thank you for the lovely review. i hope to see you back soon.

UK
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was expecting something special so was disappointed. Check-in was welcoming. Beds were comfortable, room spacious and quiet.

Curtains did not fit so it was difficult to shut out light from car park, cars started a few feet from the window, I think they should put some plants between. And the light through the opaque door of the minibar was very annoying all night. Spa no jaccussi though when I rang before hand I was told there was one, there is only a cold plunge pool.

Windowsill was filthy as was floor behind loo and under hand basin. Towels were off white: laundry department need shooting. Poor selection of tea/coffee in room and bottled water provided had been refilled the seal was broken.

I found the décor depressing brown including brown paint on the walls of the room, only the fish channel was available to brighten things up. Even the picture was black and white (shouldn't that be sepia?). I consider the room felt dingy though the paint was fresh. The bathroom was brighter. Did not like the fact you have to put your hand in the water to drain the water from the basin.

Good value deal with parking but otherwise does not live up to their ads certainly not 'luxurious'. The signage is poor so it is difficult to find your way out of the car park especially when you are tired.

For me the outside looked better than the inside.

Room Tip: Probably not on the ground floor but if you get a cheap deal I suppose you cannot be too fussy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank oldsportyrelaxer
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear oldsportyrelaxer,

Thank you for the review, we are actually in email contact with each other regarding this, it appears you were placed in a out of service room which was in the middle of refurbishment, this should not have been let out, however do to an error this was put back into service.

I have mentioned before, that if anyone has an issue with their stay, please mention it before you leave as we can put things right, rather than have you leave with a "sour taste in the mouth" so to speak.

UK
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here a few months before and had a great stay.. This time however had a very smelly room! Maybe because i did not agree to upgrade on arrival (am not a fan if being asked if i would like to do this ... What's wrong with the room i have already booked always springs to mind).. Anyway changed rooms and maybe figured out why they smell... None of the shower doors fit properly and water was everywhere, also may smell as can't open any windows. Main restaurant was closed for dinner.. Ate in the bar.. Not bad. Have to admit i think the sofitel which is more expensive has the edge...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank anon19
Dear anon19,

I'm sorry for the issues you faced whilst with us, could you contact me & let me know the room numbers you were given? Our rooms are cleaned thoroughly so the shower doors would not be a issue.

I'd also like to know the date of your stay, as the Main Restaurant is open every day & night.

For everyone reading this, i would urge anyone who has a genuine issue or complaint to talk to us before you leave the Hotel, as we are here to help & can resolve most things there & then.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Lawsonc@radisson.com
Chicago
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed for one night and had a pleasant experience--we'd return. Nice room, helpful staff, location great for Heathrow. Didn't try the room service or restaurants. Looks like a good conference hotel...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gail1024,

Thank you for the lovely review, I hope to see you back soon.

Craig Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!