“Good for a business stay!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Hayes
Bucharest
“Good for a business stay!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed there for three day, during a business trip at the end of September 2013. The hotel is very close to the airport. You can use the "hopa bus" , but also 423 bus for terminal five. (It's free!) Nearby, there is a McDonalds and a pub at a short walking distance.
The ladies at the reception were not exceptionally nice, but the concierge and waiters were. They were very helpful and nice.
The room was quite big, very clean and comfy. I really liked the bed, good mattress so good quality sleep. I didn't like the bathroom, as there was a strange smell. However, as i didn't spend so much time there, that was ok.
Overall I liked my stay there, but most probably I wouldn't go back there for leisure, but only for business!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Camelia13,

Thank you for the review, could you let me know the date of your stay & what room you stayed in?, this will enable me to check the room out & find out who checked you in.

Lawsonc@radisson.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night with my boyfriend, it was a last minute choice as we wanted to stay out for the night.
Check in was pretty easy and quick until the receptionist decided to ask us what was the reason of us staying at the hotel, which I thought was rather irrelevant and intrusive.
Room is clean and spacious and has everything you need, not much of a view but one cannot expect much when you are conveniently on the door step of heathrow.

Breakfast was included in our room deal, cannot fault it as it had everything you could want but in my opinion it could have done with a little more choice, things like chesses and breads.

If I was in the area I would probably stay at the hotel again as it’s a very clean and convenient hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ned87,

Thank you for the kind review, i'd like to point out that the only reason we ask about the reason for the stay, is so we can make it speacial for you, if & when possible we also try & upgrade people if it is a special occassion, such a Birthday, Honymoon etc. we don't ask everyone, but we can usually tell which people are are here for business or pleasure, we have made many guests stay special, when we have found out about their stay on check in. I encourage this.

I do hope to see you back soon.

Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013

A two day stay in September

My name was wrongly recorded on the booking.
I was given a key which did not work. I reported this to reception and was given another key which did not work. After about half an hour, I suggested that I should be moved to another room. I was moved to an equivalent room. On first returning to this room, the key did not work for this room either. Finally I was given a key which worked.
I was interrupted by a cleaner on two occasions before 8am on first morning. I then placed the do not disturb button on the door. I was interrupted shortly after noon on my first day by a member of the cleaning staff who informed me that I would should have vacated the room by 12pm. I protested and explained that as I was leaving the following day, I did not wish for my room to be cleaned. She explained that I would need to report this to reception. As this conversation took place while I was naked from the bottom down, I did not appreciate having to justify my stay in such a compromising situation. The cleaner explained that she would be back. I then had to go to the door and explain to her in the corridor that I did not wish her to come back. I reported this incident to the duty manager, and explained that I did not need my room cleaned until after I had left. However a cleaner still visited my room the follow day, while the do not disturb sign was on.

I booked two treatments with your Pegasus spa. With the first massage, the masseur was basically rubbing her elbow around the back of my ribcage and did not knead my back muscles. As I was leaving for my massage, I was stopped in the Pegasus Spa reception to explain that I needed to pay for the massage. As I did not have any cash or cards with me, having just visited the gym, I was unable to pay and asked for the service to be added to my account. However she explained that this was not possible. I felt that this was an unnecessary inconvenience, however I returned to the reception as soon as I had visited my room to pay. As a result of the disappointing massage and the lack of flexibility over payment methods I cancelled my second treatment.

I reported a lost jewellery item to the Hotel and have not even received an acknowledgement. I reported this complaint to the hotel over a week ago and have still not heard back.

My advice: leave early. Do not stay overnight at the Radisson Blu.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear KoftShift,

Thank you for the review, I must say how disappointed i am to read such a review, especially as i am already in communication with you via email.

Firstly i need to point out that i did not recieve your email until Friday evening (4th Oct) & today is Monday 7th Oct. In your letter to me, you pointed out that you had sent it to the wrong email address to begin with, hence the reason we did not get back to you sooner. you also mentioned that you would not post your comments onto a online furum such as TA.

Having said that, we have nothing to hide & if we mess up & we will hold our hands up & put things right. Guests are more than welcome to post anything they wish about our Hotel, but i would ask that it be a true reflection of what acually happened. also, everyone is more than welcome to read my replies on TA, i respond to all of them & i also send a PM to guests asking for further information if needed.

As i said , we are already in email correspondance with each other & i do hope that this matter will be put to bed sooner rather than later,

Sawbridgeworth
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Grand looking hotel with very friendly & helpful staff. Restaurant & bars expensive but tasteful.
McDonald next door & pub half a mile away if you want.
Perfect location for terminal 3, with a very regular bus route stopping at the front door and only costing £4 per person to travel.
Overall a very nice start/finish to a holiday!

• Stayed October 2013
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Louise B,

Thank you for the nice review, i'm pleased you had a good stay.

I hope to see you back soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We booked hotel parking through a third party. The hotel name was not given, (mystery hotel) but the price was competitive.
When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by a sign warning of a 'tow away' zone.
Also greeted by a very helpful Concierge who advised us to ignore, and then parked car for us in disabled bay. Blue Badge displayed.
We had cases taken to room, very friendly and welcoming attention from Reception and other staff.
Room was excellent, and scrupulously clean.
We had paid for a dinner and breakfast deal extra, and maybe the dinner was prepared to the price, but quality was good.
Excellent service next day, when taking luggage to the airport shuttle, and the same on return from holiday.
Would stay again; and would recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Paul F,

Thank you for the lovely review, i'm pleased you had a good stay.

See you again soon.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was there for a business meeting, and the hotel room was lovely. Getting there from the airport was a bit of a pain, so after waiting nearly an hour for the shuttle (which still didn't appear), I organized a movement with the other strangers waiting at the terminal with me to cab share to the hotel.

The food in the pub was surprisingly good, but the service was terribly slow. The more formal restaurant off the lobby was also delicious. I booked through Expedia, and got an excellent rate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear SwissMiss1022,

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you had a good stay.

With regards to the shuttle, unfortunately, the hoppa buses, are owned & run by National Express, we are no longer allowed to run our own shuttle, as they wanted to reduce the amount of traffic going in /out of the airport.

There are however, free London Transport Buses from the central bus station, these are the red buses, like the 140,111 etc, these stop at the Hotel next door, just mention that you are staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian.

Could you let me know the date of your stay, so i can find out about the bar?

See you again soon.

lawsonc@radisson.com
Llantilio Pertholey
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We thought the hotel was excellent. It was easy to find a parking space, and not too far to walk to reception. Our room was everything we needed and the bed was very comfortable, with good quality bed linen, it was a shame we had to leave so early.
The staff in the restaurant were excellent , particularly Dolores who was very helpful. The standard of food was very good, better than many airport hotels.

We would certainly go back next time we need a room at Heathrow.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear arisaig,

Thank you for the wonderful review, i'll pass your comments on to Delores too.

Craig Lawson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!