“Great Experence Again”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Hayes
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on two other occasions and reviewed it once before. This is the first time that I have submitted more than one review for a Hotel however my last stay at this Hotel reinforced my previous views and I thought it apropriate that I share these.

To be honest, I rate this hotel highly because I love to see a hotel that really tries to be good and succeeds in doing so. From arrival and being met by the concierge, to the check in, the restaurant staff and the cleaners all have a “culture to please” attitude.

On this stay the check in staff were very pleasant and helpful. I asked for a late check out and they obliged free of charge, suggested alternative ways to get to the airport the following day and on recognizing that I had stayed before upgraded us to suite. The suite frankly was outstanding. My wife and I had been travelling for 3 weeks and stayed in a variety of hotels (see my other reviews) and it was simply great to be give such a nice room on the last night of our travels. It was greatly appreciated.

We ate twice at the restaurant Afternoon Tea and Dinner) and bother the food and service was great. Free WiFi was provided and although quite slow it did the job fine.

I will certainly return on my next trip through London

Room Tip: Get a Suite!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike1811027
CraigRadBluEd, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review.

Craig Lawson

Write a ReviewReviews (5,196)

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

This is another Bathroad Hotel next to the Airport. Rooms are clean and fine, no issues. Couple of observations. Check in takes very long, not just for me it seems to be the norm. (Take a seat I would say) Bar next to Reception is fine, the beer was not cold due to broken fridge. Somehow I felt the Hotel should have taking something of the price but that didn't happen. For the rest is was fine, nothing special but not bad either. Normally you don't stay for fun in an airport hotel anyway.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank stalenbu

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night after flying in from Rome and flying out from Heathrow the following day. The shuttle bus service to and from Heathrow was excellent. The hotel staff were incredibly friendly and seemed genuinely delighted to find that we were on honeymoon. A complimentary bottle of champage and lovely note arrived to our room soon after we settled in! The rooms were comfortable, the room service food was delicious, and the free wifi was an added bonus. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank callumary

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Went for a spa visit with another. Had a treatment which was good. Spa welcome was good, nice calm reception but facilities are minimal with only a sauna and steam room plus a plunge pool. No natural light coming into the area. Relaxation room had a strange drain smell which made it rather unpleasant to stay in the room. Changing rooms are large but all communal. Good showers. The afternoon tea was served in Oceanic which is comfortable and modern. Staff are efficient and friendly. Afternoon tea was disappointing as the sandwiches weren't fresh and very chilled. Scones had been reheated so once cold the centre was hard. Small cakes which all tasted the same. I was more quantity over quality which was a shame. Also not traditional as I love an afternoon tea and I don't consider thickly cut tomatoes in bread a sandwiches. Some of the sandwiches were so minimally filled it was embarrassing. This was a treat for my mother in law.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JC-the-organiser

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review, we have been in email contact already.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Booked this through the tripadvisor site for £132 for a standard double room (reduced from £340?) 2 days before our departure. The hotel is modern, pleasant and well appointed. The staff are efficient and friendly. WiFi is free and fast (well when I used it).
The restaurant is comfortable and has a nice atmosphere. We found the steaks well cooked and presented and best of all available in 2 sizes. The wines are limited but a good selection and the Rioja was a good year. While both the wine and food were not cheap they represented good value for this type of hotel.
The bedroom was a reasonable size, the decor was modern and well thought out. The bed was large and comfortable. The soundproofing was very good but next time I would ask for a rear facing room - there are no views anyway!
A first for me at any rate was the ipod/ipad/iphone player and charger by the bedside.
We did not use the park and fly option but it seems to be good value; however there is no courtesy car to the airport, you have to take the airport shuttle at about £4.50 (see other reviews).
Two gripes, the bathroom sink is far too small to get your face over easily while washing and shaving and I really objected to being charged £14 for overnight parking. Surely this should be complimentary to guests while they are in the hotel?
Over the years I have stayed at a lot of airport hotels and quite a few round Heathrow and the Raddisson is definitely one of the better ones. Would I stay here again? - yes but I'd try and negotiate the parking charge first!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the Bath Road although the sound proofing is very good
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank David C

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stay here on business quite often and hopefully this means I can leave an honest review based upon regular stays over a period of time. I've reviewed it before and I have to say, it provides an excellent guest experience and great value for money on a consistent basis.

It is an airport hotel that also majors in conferences, which isn't surprising because it is huge at (I think) 450+ rooms. I've stayed there during large conferences and have never experienced any issues; there is almost always a dedicated check-in & front desk for the conference and so you aren't affected as a 'normal' guest. Also, even with late night awards events and wedding receptions with music, the layout of the place is such that there is no interruption from noise.

The staff are always professional, courteous and friendly: every time you pass someone when walking in the hotel, whether maintenance, guest service or housekeeping, they smile and say Hello. I've used most of the guest services and the laundry and concierge services are second to none; laundry is turned around in lightning quick time and returned beautifully cleaned and presented. I've flown in/out of Heathrow, staying at the hotel either side, and have come back to laundry I left in the room when I went stored with the concierge for collection upon check-in and even on a couple of occasions, taken up to my room whilst I was checking in.

The rooms are well appointed although I can empathise with those who says the standard rooms are a bit on the small size, although compared to many West End luxury hotels, they are positively huge! As I have probably said before, they are certainly more than adequate if you are staying overnight before/after a flight. If you're staying for longer, there are larger deluxe rooms that have noticeably more space, particularly overall storage space. All the rooms I've stayed in have been comfortable, well appointed and importantly with good quality beds that allow a good night's sleep.

Room service is prompt, reasonable and can make a fantastic omelette.

The main bar - Bijou - is superb. It has a welcoming feel and warm atmosphere; I still can't put my finger on it but I think it's the combination of the size of the space, the colour palette and the staff. Possibly aided by serving draught Grolsch.

The main restaurant - Oceanic (about the be renamed to Trunk) - has its own, separate listing under restaurants and I've reviewed it previously.

There is a gym that is functional, certainly good enough for what you're going to need for a stay of a day or so.

I've never had an issue with parking; granted, it can get busy but the car park is absolutely massive and there always seems to be space, even if it's a bit of a walk to the reception.

As always, there can be little issues that go wrong - a bulb going, a light not working or a Nespresso capsule being missing from the collection offered - but whenever I have raised them, they have been resolved quickly and professionally. If the worst part of your guest experience is that there is only 1 light blue Nespresso capsule as opposed to 2, then maybe I'm being picky or perhaps have an attention to detail that the hotel gets right almost all the time.

Overall I am a big fan of this hotel; it ticks all the boxes, so to speak: it delivers a very high level of customer service and provides a high quality guest experience on a consistent and reliable basis. The prices are competitive and for me, the staff add a human feel to the place that can all too often be lost in large, corporate brand hotels.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Propaganda_Machine

Reviewed April 28, 2013

It is such a shame that this hotel offers inadequate parking for the number of guests, park and fly options and the numerous weddings and dance functions. I have been to several events here and always had the same issue as certain times of day, where there are no spaces, cars are parked all over the place and the overflow car park is not fit for purpose. The staff in the car park seem completely uninterested by the issue.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer P
Virginia_Heathrow, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties parking your car in the hotel. I can promise you this is not a regular occurrence. We always try to rearrange the car park accordingly when we hold several conferences at the same time, in order to leave plenty of vacant spaces for our guests. However, we fully understand your frustration and we would like to profusely apologise for not meeting your expectations on this matter. I will surely pass your feedback on to the relevant management so that they can follow it up accordingly in order to achieve a better management of the available parking space.

I hope we are able to persuade you to give us another chance to make your next stay with us as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. If you are returning to the area any time soon, please do ensure to contact me directly via the hotel and I will ensure you are properly looked after.

Best regards,
Virginia Mariscal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow
London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!