“Posh Hotel - Get it on Lastminute 'Secret Hotel'.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Hayes
dublin
“Posh Hotel - Get it on Lastminute 'Secret Hotel'.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Posh hotel with great bars etc downstairs . Free wi fi in rooms huge plus & as a 'Secret Hotel' on Lastminute it was around £65 a night !

Tried everything - you won't go wrong with lastminute secret hotels - done any other way it's twice the price .

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank dragon53
Virginia_Heathrow, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your great feedback about the hotel in general. I am very happy to see you enjoyed our free Wi-Fi, which is certainly very appreciated by our guests.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you require any assistance with any future bookings. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thank you once again and kind regards.

Virginia Mariscal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Somerset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have stayed in a few airport hotels in our time with varying degrees of success - including one memorabe incident when the hotel lost our car keys and had to saw off our krooklok and replace the keys.... but anyway.. we booked this on the basis we wanted to start our short break off with a nice meal, a comfortable overnight stay, somewhere where our car would not be moved, and all without breaking the bank - and our expectations were exceeded.

It was the customer service which impressed the most. We booked a standard room and received one which had been refurb'ed - no view as such, but that was fine by us. It was luxurious by corporate hotel standards and the bed was one of the most comfortable we have slept in. We heard no airport or hotel sound at all. Our lovely receptionist Jennifer advised we had been selected for a complimentary bottle of wine, which was a nice touch. Service in the bar was personable and friendly. We were given 25% off our restaurant bill - another bonus.

The next day there were unexpected road closures to the airport meaning the transfer buses were not running, but a taxi was quickly arranged for us meaning we were not delayed. On returning to the hotel four days later, our car was still there and untouched - yey! A bonus :-) We wished we had arranged another night's stay!

I would highly recommend this hotel and would return in a heartbeat - but would also recommend potential guests to shop around - we reduced the rack rate price by 50%. But all the little extra touches made it a very pleasant stay indeed. Well done Radisson.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurb'ed room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Wow! I think this review speaks for itself!! Thank you very much for such a wonderful feedback and for recommending us to other potential guests.

It is a real pleasure to see we exceeded your expectations and you had a comfortable overnight stay with us. I will definitely pass on your kind feedback to all the front desk team, especially to Jennifer who went the extra mile for you. I am also very happy you had a good night’s sleep and found your bed very comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations again during your next stay with us. Please do let me know if you need any help with any future reservations and I will make sure you enjoy your next stay as much as you enjoyed this one, or even more!

St Mary Bourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were group of 8 spending the night prior to flying out the following morning. Reception could not have been nicer, keeping everybody happy and getting the job done in good time. Rooms were great, with everything you could expect. We ate in the restaurant, waiting staff and bar tender were terrific, really could not have been better. The best thing was the price, booked direct wit the hotel a couple of weeks in advance on a no breakfast no change deal but paid 67 pounds. Incredible value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Virginia_Heathrow, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely comments about the hotel in general. It is always a pleasure to hear such positive feedback. It definitely makes all the hard work worthwhile!

I will pass on your nice feedback to the Reception and Restaurant team, as it will certainly encourage them to keep up the hard work, as we always endeavour to achieve 100% guest satisfaction.

Regarding the room rates, I am very happy to see you found our Advance Purchase Rate very competitive. It is certainly a great way to save up to 20% a night when you plan ahead and reserve in advance through our website.

In your next visit to our hotel, I would highly recommend you to try our gym and SPA facilities which include a sauna, steam Room, plunge pool and relaxation area. All these facilities can be used free of charge and treatments can also be booked at an extra charge.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best wishes
Swindon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We've stayed in quite a few hotels around Heathrow and other airports and this was the most disappointing.

The entrance and general decor gives the impression that it is going to be an excellent Hotel. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

The service was a let down right from check-in which seemed to take an inordinate amount of time to locate the reservation.

The restaurant was average, and the service was rushed. but my biggest issue was being tracked down in the cocktail bar by some waiter/manager who told me i hadn't registered my card with the front desk and therefore hadn't paid for dinner (we had charged the meal to the room). He then refused to take my card and said i had to go to reception myself to register my card. I protested that i wasn't happy to leave my drink/partner to sort out their issue and requested that he register my card, he refused. This is despite providing the card during check-in and pre-paying for the room! very annoying.

To top it off, the rooms were the more noisy we've experienced at an airport hotel. Not so much he aircraft, but you could hear everything in the corridor and people were obviously coming/going at all hours.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jimmy_Wilts
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel. We sincerely appreciate your taking time to provide your feedback as it helps us continuously improve our service and facilities.

Regarding the experience you encountered at check-in, I would like to apologise on behalf of the Reception Team if it took longer than expected. I can assure you all our staff has the best intentions to help our guests at all times. However, I am delighted to see you loved the general decor throughout the hotel.

With regards to the service at the Bar, I am very sorry to hear that you did not find the staff very helpful. We take any complaints about staff very seriously and will look into the matter to avoid any future complaints. I will personally share your feedback with the relevant Management Team to make sure this issue is adequately followed up and some specific training is delivered if needed.

Regarding your room, I am very sorry to hear that you found it a bit noisy. I would like to deal with your next reservation personally so I can ensure that it is up to our usual high standards. If you contact me directly via the hotel when you have some dates in mind, I will allocate a nice and quiet room at the end of the corridor where you won’t be disturbed by any noise at all. I hope we can persuade you to give us another chance to make your next stay with us as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I will personally ensure that you are very well looked after.

Hale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

A business meeting at the hotel gave the opportunity to stay at the Radisson Blu. Check in was thorough, a little long, but courteous and professional. That service level was maintained throughout my short stay. Good wifi, good shower, comfortable bed. The restaurant food was excellent and not too expensive. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for your excellent review regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that we did -not only met- but exceed your expectations.

On behalf of all the team at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, I would like to thank you for recommending us to other potential guests. This represents a credit to the team that we have so many people recommending and coming back to our hotel after having enjoyed a memorable stay with us.

Thank you once again and I would love to see you back very soon. Please let me know directly via the hotel if you need any help with any reservations and it will be my pleasure to arrange everything for you to make you feel once again very well looked after.

Nyon, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great staff, really friendly welcome, phenomenal breakfast and high level of customer service. Rooms seem impervious to outside noise. Wi-fi was very ropey for business travellers (not an easy connection from the room) and also, the shuttle service to the airport was ordinary (relatively pricey for an airport hotel and also, moody bus driver and difficult ticket machine outside of the hotel that seemed to have been out of order for a while). In all though, the place is well situated (20mins bus journey to terminals 1 and 3) and the decor is first class. Bath, a little small, but that's being picky.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Virginia_Heathrow, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow hotel. I am delighted to read that you found our staff very friendly and welcoming. The team at the Heathrow Hotel do take pride in delivering the best service to our guests by not only meeting, but also exceeding their expectations.

However, it is a bit disappointing to see that you were not completely happy with the Wi-Fi connection and the shuttle service to the airport. Regarding the ticket machine, we will report this issue to the National Express bus service to get this machine serviced and facilitate its handling. In addition, you can also purchase your bus ticket directly from the Reception desk for only £4.

I am also glad you liked the decor and found the location very convenient, as the hotel provides quick access to the airport. In addition, we also have great tube and train connections to Central London from Heathrow Airport or Hatton Cross Station (the whole journey would take approximately 50 minutes).

Finally, I would like to thank you once again for your feedback and please do let me know if you have in mind to come back to the hotel any time soon and I will ensure you are once again looked after.

Best regards
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Booked throgh holday extras also booked transfers with them to T4 ( Don't do it, had to wait 1/2 hour for our pick up when apparantley they were only 2 mins away when we were in baggage reclaim on our return, company called roadrunners). Check in was smooth we had booked a standard room. Carpet was in desperate need of replacing looked very worn and marked.The bed linen had marks on it The hand towels were dirty with what appeared to be rust, bathroom bin was stained and big lumps of the marble sink unit were missing with sharp edges, we couldn't drain the bath as we later dicovered these bits had somehow manged to find themselves in the plughole. I did complain to reception who offered us a free taxi to the airport or complimentary breakfast the latter of which we accepted only to find when we turned up for breakfast they had not been told which ended with me having to go back to reception to assertain why ? (apparantley this happens all the time as no notes are left for the breakfast staff)
Left feeling that this hotel does not have a particular care for their guests and does not warrant the money charged by this hotel when you can pay less for a better standard of accomodation and customer service in the heathrow area. Not the way I wanted to start my holiday

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank michael l
Virginia_Heathrow, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on your recent stay with us. We take all feedback very seriously and use it as an opportunity to learn from and continually improve our services and facilities.

Regarding the room, I am very sorry you were not happy with the carpet. I can assure you this is a rarity since carpets in all of our rooms are hoovered on a daily basis and any stains are removed by using a sophisticated carpet cleaning machine. However, we appreciate your feedback and I will make sure it is adequately followed up with the Housekeeping Manager. I am also under the impression you stayed in one of our non-refurbished rooms. I am sure that your experience would have been completely different if you had stayed in one of our newly refurbished rooms. We have already completed the refurbishment of over 300 rooms and we always try to allocate first our newly refurbished rooms. With regards to the breakfast you were offered, I am very sorry to hear you experienced some problems when you got to the Restaurant. I will personally share your feedback with the relevant Management Team to make sure this issue is adequately followed up and some specific training is delivered if needed.

However, I am very glad to see you felt the reception staff welcoming. In addition, if you would consider returning having appreciated the other facilities offered I would be delighted to assist with a future reservation and I will ensure that you are very well looked after.

Best wishes
Virginia Mariscal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayes
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Sofitel London Heathrow
#1 of 23 in Hounslow
4.5 of 5 stars 8,492 reviews
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!