“Great selection of cars but needs improvement”

London Motor Museum
Book In Advance
More Info
$78.26*
and up
London Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Hayes
More attraction details
Owner description: London Motor Museum. The London Motor Museum located in Hayes, Greater London, is home to one of the largest collections of both classic and custom automobiles in Europe (the number may have risen since you have read this paragraph. The Museum has over 200 of the finest collectables including a 1937 Auburn Speedster, a 1967 'Eleanor' GT500 and a 1937 Lincoln Zephyr with over £155,000 worth of customisation. The London Motor Museum is truly remarkable.More than just classic cars the London Motor Museum boasts a wide range of unique vehicles and exhibitions, ranging from the 1930's to the present day. Exhibits include The Movie Car Section, The Bat-Cave (home to both the 1966 and 1989 Batmobile), Muscle Car Alley, The Supercar Paddock (home to some of the fastest cars in the world), and much more. As well as boasting a diverse collection the museum also has fantastic facilities including a café and a gift shop. You can also enjoy a film or documentary in our 24-seat cinema room. If all that has given you an appetite, you can enjoy a freshly made Burger and delicious milkshake in our unique Burger Bus which has a diner area in the top deck. The London Motor Museum is a great day out and we promise that you will have great time. Prices Standard Online Price Annual Membership Adult £30.00 £22.50 £75.00Child £20.00 £15.00 £40.00Student £20.00 £15.00 £50.00Senior £20.00 £15.00 £50.00Family £75.00 £56.25 £110.00
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Petersfield, UK
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Great selection of cars but needs improvement”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I visited this museum as it was featured in the National Rail 2 for 1 leaflet and looked like a good day out.

I'll deal with the positive aspects first.

The museum itself has a great selection of cars, the majority I would say are from the USA but still interesting all the same. You can get right up close and personal with nearly all of the cars - more so than you can at Beaulieu Motor Museum in my opinion. The Batmobile exhibition was great too and it good to see a couple of familiar cars from TV such as one of Mr Bean's minis. It was an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours.

Now, onto the negative aspects of the visit.

Firstly, the entrance seemed a bit chaotic, there isn't much room to queue and the member of staff on the desk has to leave and collect the tickets from elsewhere in the building - when it is really busy I would imagine this would take some time.

The entrance prices from April 2013 were published on the board, and they don't look cheap! The standard adult entry is listed as £30 which, although the museum is great, it's not worth £30. There was a "special offer" price shown next to it, I'm assuming that will be the price most people will pay - certainly hope so!

As other reviewers have noted, when it's cold outside it is not much warmer inside so some extra heating would be a good idea.

The shop isn't impressive at all, there don't appear to be any "pocket money" style gifts for the younger visitors and the range of items on sale was poor. The cafe isn't special either, although that's probably due to lack of available space.

The state of the toilets was very poor as well and could do with a refurbishment.

All in all, it's a good way to spend a couple of hours - just needs some improvement.

1 Thank Frontera2
London_Motor_Museum, Manager at London Motor Museum, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments they have been duly noted. It is fantastic to see you enjoyed your visit. We are currently going through changes to launch our new workshops, which will allow the public to view the whole process of how a car is restored/customized alongside, workshops and live demonstrations.

We are investing in a heating system in the museum, and this is an issue we are very aware of and are keen to rectify as soon as we can.

We are improving our shop area and there will indeed be much more products on offer for our younger customers as well as a full range of merchandise.

There are refurbishment plans and we hope by your next visit you will be able to see the changes!

• Greek first
aberdeen
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Worth a visit for petrolheads”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

There is an interesting selection of cars in the museum, and it is worth a visit for car fans, and a good indoor activity for 2 hours if in the area.

Just a note that the admission prices are going up in april this year; worth using smartsave or groupon vouchers for discount admission.

4 Thank panjabigastronome
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit. The museum benefits from changing its exhibits often, and we hope to see you soon.

London, United Kingdom
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Good fun for a couple of hours!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Visited today (Feb 10th) using a great Groupon offer. Really enjoyed looking at the unique cars and my daughter and friend (aged 8) enjoyed "choosing" a car for their 18th! A word of warning though, if you go when it's cold, it's even colder inside and the roof leaks, not much but be warned! The staff we talked to were friendly and informative. The only slight issue I had was a lot of the cars didn't have any info about them (not even make or model) which was a shame as I'd like to have known more. Didn't spoil our enjoyment of the beautiful cars though.

4 Thank sarahv70
Croydon, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great for Petrol heads and Kids.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I went along with my 3 Kids who loved seeing things like Mr Beans Mini and Batmobile. Staff were so friendly and happy to answer any questions. the mini Cinema went down well with the Children but they were disappointed not to be able to ride the mini cars round the track. My personel favorite was Kitt from Knightrider which took me back to my early Teens. We will be visiting again for sure as good value for money I thought :)...

1 Thank Scott G
London_Motor_Museum, Manager at London Motor Museum, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. We are glad to hear you and your boys had a pleasant visit. The museum is always changing exhibits so be sure when you come back, you will have something new to see. Apologies for the MINI track not being ready, we anticipate to launch the Mini track by Easter.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing place”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have been taking my little 5 year old son here since he was a mere 9 months old. He loves it as do I.....great cars great friendly staff and the fact that the cars are always changing is a bonus...I try to take my wee man at least once every one or two months and he loves it....he prefers it to the science museum and the history museum...the bright and vibrant colours of the cars and the unusual designs of some of them make it really interesting for the adults who are not particularly into cars....and theres also a cinema there where you can watch car related movies....we have watched sooo many top gear episodes there throughout the years.... And the birthday parties especially the kids ones are great....I had my wee mans birthday there last year and guess where he wants this years birthday.....thats right.....at the car museum....and in his words....'mummy its my favourite place in the world.....'

LONDON MOTOR MUSEUM,YOU ROCK! WE LOVE YOU GUYS

3 Thank Lmmfans
London_Motor_Museum, Manager at London Motor Museum, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are so pleased your little one has enjoyed the museum and has seen all the changes. We love our young customers and am pleased he has enjoyed his many visits! We look forward to seeing you soon.