“Fab in every way”

Cuisines: Indian
County durham
“Fab in every way”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming here for years and enjoying fab food and service every time. After changing chefs last week we were unsure what to expect however the new kitchen staff surpassed themselves. Fantastic food and I'd highly recommend the naan breads it was so good we ordered a 2nd!

• Visited April 2014

Durham, United Kingdom
“The usual Memsahib mucked up order”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Every time I give this place another chance after blowing "this is their final chance" I wonder why I do it.

I've had a number of take aways from here over the years and really the last debacle really is it.

* Phoned up with an order and told it would be 30mins
* Knowing how slow they are I turned up at 40mins to be treated to the usual inefficient scuttling around of the front of house lady. She asked did I order and then disappeared off with no other communication. As she didn't ask what my order was there can't have been that many
* Eventually she arrived with my order (I heard her tell the kitchen what to cook at one stage)
* Tried 3 times to put the card through her machine but it failed to dial the server (probably because she was half taking a call on the same line)
* By this stage I was so annoyed I paid by cash
* On the way home I realised they had overcharged (again) by £3
* At home there was a mystery fried piece of something wrapped up that wasn't ordered and certainly didn't justify the £3
* The popadoms were crushed to confetti

The food was acceptable though rating about 6/10.

Previously I've had wrong orders, overcharging, slow service, poor customer care and episodes of playing "hunt the meat" as there was mainly just sauce.

Really the only reason this place keeps going is that there's no competition. Sort out the awful front of house service from the lady (who seems to be the proprietor) and it would be just passable as a take away.

As for eating there it is just a largish impersonal cold uninviting room that looks awful.

• Visited March 2014
Durham, United Kingdom
“great food”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

i have been eating here since i moved to durham 8 years ago and have never been disappointed with the food or service.
Its a little out of the way in Tow Law but easy to get too and great for a night out if you dont want to be disturbed.