“Hatfield boys”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Hatfield boys”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

In all aspects this was a really good experience, food was interesting and full of variety, service faultless , and price very reasonable

• Visited May 2014

County Durham
“Next time I'll be braver!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Visited with friends and relied on their knowledge to order and realised I should have been bolder in my choices. I'm sure we'll return because the atmosphere was really good and the service was also good so I'll try something with a bit more kick. It seemed as though the waiters would oblige with any of the dishes to make them either milder or hotter depending on the customer's request. Certainly seemed to be good value for money.

• Visited May 2014
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Not much spice!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Went on Saturday night (7 of us) following a trip to the Food Festival. We didn't want starters but had poppadums each with dips - nothing flash. We all ordered. My husband had a mixed thali, the waiter explained what it was and said it could be as mild or as spicy as my husband wished. There was no spice in it at all! Three small dishes consisting of a korma-coloured chicken dish and two others were served - really not worth £11.50 (without rice). I had one of their specials, it was creamy but I asked for it to be spiced up a bit. Nothing at all. Obviously the chef does not have a spicy palate! Other meals were ok except for one of our party who ordered steak and chips. The steak was cooked within an inch of its life and there was no option of a sauce. Neither was there tomato sauce or mayonnaise for the vast amount of salad on the plate. All in all, ok but wouldn't return. As we don't live in Bishop Auckland I think the chances of this would be slim anyway.

County Durham, United Kingdom
“Authentic Indian Food”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had a meal here with family. Ate early and was surprised how busy it was. Glad we booked.
Food excellent and some hidden gems on the menu. We each had a 'chef special' and as a result had an Indian meal that we had never had before. Absolutely fantastic.
Service very good even though busy and very reasonably priced. We will certainly return.

Durham, United Kingdom
“Great first visit”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We went as a couple on Tuesday (by one get one free on starters and mains) and had great starters. Best peshwari naan I've ever EVER had, husband's rice and chips good too. Both ordered chicken jalfrezi and were disappointed by the lack of heat. It was far too mild.
Decor and service excellent as were drinks. Good value for money but shame about the lack of spice in the mains.