Baytrees Hotel
  • Pool
$94
$87
  • Restaurant
The Talbot Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
$64
The Bold Hotel(Southport)
$89
$83
  • Restaurant
$88
$73
  • Beachfront
Balmoral Lodge Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
$78
$42
$79
$77
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Southport Central Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
$83
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
Travelodge Southport Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
$43
Travelodge
Very Good 4/5
    All reviewslord streetb bfree wifimain road it was very quietslept like a logbreakfast spotrestaurants barshelpful ownerslovely breakfasthotel ownersoff street parkinghotel is spotlessspacious roommin walktea or coffeestayed here for one nightquiet at night
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed here again as we had such a lovely time last time, the owners Michael and Geraldine offered us a warm welcome once again. We had a double room at the rear of the hotel which overlooked the well kept garden, which guests are welcome to use. Breakfast was very good and enough for my healthy appetite. The bed was very comfortable and we both slept well. Looking forward to returning for the flower show in August..............RECOMMENDED

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
    3  Thank Conservatory123
    baytreeshotel, Owner at Baytrees Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thanks for your review.It was lovely to see you again.Look forward to welcoming you back in August.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed at the hotel whilst visiting southport due to a family emergency. We live in jersey and had to arrange the trip at the last minute. The owners could not have been more helpful and went out of their way to assist us. They even checked if we needed transport either way from/ to airport which we thought was greAt. The food and cleanliness could not be faulted and location was excellent. We felt very welcome and will be using the hotel again for next visit. Excellent value and customer service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
    2  Thank Claire B
    baytreeshotel, Owner at Baytrees Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review.It is always good to know guests like to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The people that run the hotel are very friendly and do a fantastic breakfast. The single room is quite small, but it was a place to stay and a comfortable bed. Terrific value for money I would definitely return.

Nice lounge and free wifi are definite bonuses which you don;t get in many of Southport's B&Bs. .

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
    1  Thank Albion102

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Rooms, comfortable but nothing special. Breakfast, adequate, but again nothing special.

I booked the room through Expedia. When booking I clearly entered the age of both of my children to find suitable hotels. Low and behold, this one came up. I had hesitations as to whether both children were accepted so I tried to call them 6 times and emailed them and no-one came back to me. Dreadful customer service. The website says that travel cots can be provided, and the superior double could be used as a family room, so I presumed this was Ok but still tried to check.

Upon arriving at the hotel, the lady proprietor was surprised as she wasn't expecting a family to be checking in, I explained what I'd done, showed the Expedia email and everything. To say it was awkward is an understatement. Despite changing rooms around to accommodate, and 'waiving the cost of the larger room' (the cheek to even mention it) we still felt extremely alienated.

Breakfast the next day, no hi-chair was provided even though they were behind the door to the dining room, I found this to be extremely rude and beyond comprehension as to why she wouldn't have put one out knowing there was a baby there! She took three orders for breakfast and didn't even ask if the baby wanted anything! Again, rude and unnecessary.

Checking out, I was not asked if everything was OK, I was rudely told 'See ya' and the attitude of the owner really put a dampener on our weekend. If they didn't want the child to stay, they should not be advertising it on the website.

Places like this are supposed to make you feel welcome, not like rubbish as this was NOT our fault. If you are going to treat people with this much hostility. Offer them a refund, THEY WOULD HAVE TOOK IT AND GONE ELSEWHERE

Stayed: June 2014
    4  Thank ChrisB46

I am sorry you feel you had a bad experience with your booking.As I explained your booking came through from Expedia as a double room for 2 adults.However,within 5 minutes of your arrival you were happily accommodated in a family room with a cot for your baby.Your issue with not being able to contact us was also explained as the hotel had been closed the previous week for personal reasons.I do provide a highchair but always like to ask if it is suitable and establish where the family would like to sit before it is put out.I am sorry you were frustrated and annoyed when you arrived because you needed a family room not a double as booked and because of this that is what was provided at no extra cost to yourself.I do remember making some porridge for your children and asking if your older child would like anything more.I am sorry I did not speak directly to your baby.I was slightly surprised to find you were so unhappy with your stay as nothing was said when you were here,in fact you thanked me on departure and I said you are very welcome(a rude see ya! is not a phrase I have ever used to a guest.)I have never been asked for a refund before but would have happily provided you with one.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the baytrees over the bank holiday weekend, the hotel is lovely and clean and the breakfast is excellent. We stayed in a superior room which was a little small but this was only a minor complaint as we slept very well both nights. Overall we had a pleasant stay and would certainly stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014
    1  Thank tiverton

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again.