“home from home”
Review of The Talbot Hotel

The Talbot Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed October 10, 2012

my wife was admitted to the spinal unit at southport hospital in feb and i spent every weekend at the TALBOT HOTEL for five months,i have slept in almost every room and as my heading states it was HOME FROM HOME.From the moment GILBERT greets you ,the vacation only improves .breakfast is full english or your selection if you give him notice he will even supply kippers for you or bananas
to go with your kellogs the rooms are very clean as its the first rule of GILBERT the staff are there at your call for any enquirys on were to go and whats on in southport ,it is close to Lord street and all the shops
also the prom for some lovery walks .when my wife is able i will be returning with her so she can enjoy the hospitality that i enjoyed.THANK YOU

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank brian-murphy200

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I am happy to say we have just celebrated my daughters wedding at the talbot and I'm really glad my daughter picked the talbot for her reception...Gill, the owner.took control of the whole event and arranged everything the way my daughter wanted it...the dinning room looked beautiful.the staff were happy and helpful.and the food was fantastic.the Master of ceremonies was amazing...i would happily recommend the talbot for any function..

1  Thank srj11960
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My daughter wendy.held her wedding reception at the talbot.and i have to say..Gilbert, the owner was amazing.as were all his staff.everything was perfect..the food was wonderful. the soup was to die for.... and apparently it is all cooked by Gilberts wife.but don't mistake this for ordinary home cooked food it was as good as any restaurant we've been to...everything was piping hot .Evan though 50 guest were sitting down to eat at the same tine.i would recommend the Talbot for any event..and my daughter said her day was perfect.what more could you ask for thank you all at the Talbot.. :-)...

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel! My husband and I booked our wedding here and we are so glad we did.
Gilbert the owner, his family and staff are so helpful. they made the room look so beautiful for our big day. The food was amazing everybody loved it. Staff are wonderful and will do anything for you. I felt like a princess all afternoon.
Gilbert arranged a toast master and dj for us who are fantastic.
The room we stayed it was lovely. Comfy double bed and on suite
The full English breakfast in the morning was yummy.
It's a lovely homely feel to the whole hotel its quite and only a 5 minute walk into town. At least 10 members of our family and friends stayed here on the wedding night too and all agree its a lovely place.
Can't thank you all enough for a wonderful wedding thank you.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

When our coach arrived at the hotel we were met by by Gilbert, the owner, he welcomed us. Our room was clean and tidy. The staff were all helpful and friendly. The food was all very good and served well. Well worth the money, will definitely go again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter J
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The best hospitality and friendly service here. Any special dietary requirements just ask. Owners and staff all pleasant and helpful. Food was excellent. Hotel is situated in a quiet, central area not too far from train station.Room was clean and comfortable, Please remember that this is a good old Victorian building with no lift, and bedrooms are upstairs,so if you want cosy, friendly, come here. If you want impersonal and modern then maybe Southport is not for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank jazzgirl-12
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I checked out yesterday from this lovely hotel. I have roomed all over the world with my job and I've never been shown the hospitality that was afforded me here. Nothing was too much trouble, room was spotless food was fantastic and entertainment to boot. If ever I come back to Southport forget your boutique hotels I will be coming back to the Talbot Hotel. Thank you and your lovely family and staff.

2  Thank Worldlyweasel