“Very enjoyable and good value for money”
Review of The Barking Frog - CLOSED

The Barking Frog
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A coverted sandstone bank with high ceilings and a warm Mediterranean feel , the restaurant offers tastes from all around the world ,brought to you by a first class waiting team cooked by experienced chefs.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The service is outstanding, The food is gorgeous. I particularly like the complementary bread and oils while we waited for the meal to be served.

Frogybaker, Owner at The Barking Frog, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

It is nice to see people appreciate our home baked bread and dipping sauces. Many Thanks see you next time !

Reviewed April 4, 2013

called here easter week- end the food ,staff was excellent. enjoyed it so much we did not even look for some where else to eat , went for our second evening meal .was"nt disappointed . food piping hot freshly cooked ,served with a smile ! excellent!

So pleased you like our restaurant and have passed your comments to all the staff.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Have visited the barking frog a few times in the past. first time back after about a year. I ordered black pudding and ham hock wrap for starter, and chicken wrapped with Parma ham on top of a stunning mushroom and truffle risotto. I could not fault anything about the visit. Food, service, atmosphere, and the price were excellent. I will go as far as saying it was the best two course meal I have ever eaten.

Reading your review is why we work so hard. Many thanks for taking the time to send us a such great comments

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The food was fabulous but we were seated so we good see into the kitchen, nothing appealing about watching plates being scraped into the bin! And should the male staff really be using the ladies toilets??

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had arranged to take a friend of mine out to lunch in Southport and did some research on tripadvisor to see where would be the best value for money. She is not from Southport and so I wanted to take her somewhere that would impress. I was looking for a quiet restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere and fresh food with a varied menu. The Barking Frog provided all of this. When we arrived we were immediately seen to by staff who sat us away from other customers, who were also equally spaced. I found the restaurant to be very clean and service was prompt and professional. In total we had 2 starters, 3 sides and 2 desserts which came to £25.00. Their set menu was full of different choices for an extremely reasonable price. My only criticism would be that there was a slight mix up with our order but this was only due to a miscommunication... and let's face it, these sometimes happen. The food was hot, fresh and well presented, the waiting time was short, and I most definitely recommend The Tadpole for dessert! Would go here again.