“Lovely atmosphere and excellent cuisine”
Review of The Barking Frog - CLOSED

The Barking Frog
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A coverted sandstone bank with high ceilings and a warm Mediterranean feel , the restaurant offers tastes from all around the world ,brought to you by a first class waiting team cooked by experienced chefs.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

They have really succeeded in creating the atmosphere of a Mediteranean holiday. The food is excellent. Considering the quality. the lunch-time menu is reasonably priced.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Visited this lovely restaurant with a family group of 6. Really enjoyed the Sunday Lunch set menu. There was a excellent range of choices on it - every member of our party had something different and all said it was delicious. A children's menu catered well for my six year niece. The staff were fun and service was very good. A lucky find - we'll be returning next time we're in Southport.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

First visited this restaurant on Christmas Day 2011 & was disappointed. I like my vegetables firm but the sprouts were rock hard. The beef had loads of grissle. In fairness those who had turkey or fish were happy with their meat/fish. The service was excellent though & staff were very friendly.

My brother & his wife visit the Barking Frog regularly & love it but because of the Christmas meal my mother & I were apprehensive when he booked Sunday lunch there for us all. It turned out to be an excellent meal & good value. The staff were again very friendly. Where-as I was reluctant to return there I am now eager to to go again.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The landlady at our B&B recommended this place and it was outstanding value. We went for the early bird set menu which included a carafe of wine with 3 courses for £18. It is a very friendly place with mpeccable service. There was an imaginative menu with a range of cuisines and the dishes we had were terrific. Our only regret was that we were leaving Southport the next day and would be unable to return for a while but this place is so good it is worth coming to Southport just to eat here.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Was going to eat in The Hesketh pub,but thought £10.95
for fish n chips was a bit steep.
Came back to the Barking Frog,as usual a warm welcome,
nice staff.Good atmosphere.
We had the jerk shoulder of pork with coconut rice, lovely
spicey and a generous portion.
Great value £ 9.95 much nicer than a meal in the pub