“Disgusting food and service”
Review of Grand Palace - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
southport
“Disgusting food and service”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

we went to this restaurant for my sons birthday i wish i had read these reviews first was absolutely disgusting food and service abysmal !Never again !

I would definetly advise everybody to avoid this so called restaurant.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank billysouthport

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“COLD FOOD !!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My family have always eaten here over the last 10 years and have never had any complaints , but since the recent "takeover" my family and i have eaten here twice and noticed the change in the quality and quantity of the food. The restaurant was freezing ,we had to leave our coats on, the food was cold and the portions were smaller than we used to have there. An overall dissapointing night out. NEVER , NEVER AGAIN.

• Visited August 2012
“Do not eat here, bad food and even worse service!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We have eaten here in the past and never have we had such terrible service. We were told our party of ten could sit together when we booked over the phone, when we arrived we were sat on 2 separate tables. When our party wanted to order tap water which is legally acceptable - the bar staff refused at first - then gave us only one glass each "and no more"(she told us in a raised voice!)
The food was poor standard, the choice minimal - certainly not good for meat eaters let alone vegetarians! The plates were left to pile up on the table even after asking the staff to kindly clear them - we waited 20 mins and I finally took them to the kitchen myself. The staff simply rolled their eyes and gave you a dirty look if you asked them for anything or tried to help them by stacking plates on your own table! I'm not one to normally complain but I want to express how disgusted we all were and hopefully prevent another family having a lovely day out together spoilt by a bunch of incompetent and rude people. There's plenty better places to spend your hard earned money.

Bristol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous for vegetarians, you say?”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We popped in this weekend to try out the Dim Sum buffet they advertised on the wall outside, looking forward to it even more following the previous review about their marvellous veggie choice; not so, I'm sad to say. I cannot, of course, comment on what they would normally serve on their menu, but, for vegetarians at the Sunday buffet, the choice is noodles, fried rice or banana fritter. That is the option. Still, the ambiance was very nice and we all had a lovely time; the food I did have tasted lovely.

• Visited May 2012
Southport, merseyside
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Charming traditional Chinese dining”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Great food and fantastic choice for vegetarians! Very reasonable price with lunch time special menu, banquet, buffet option. Always delicious and never a dissapointment.

Visited December 2011