“Fabulous for vegetarians, you say?”
Review of Grand Palace - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We popped in this weekend to try out the Dim Sum buffet they advertised on the wall outside, looking forward to it even more following the previous review about their marvellous veggie choice; not so, I'm sad to say. I cannot, of course, comment on what they would normally serve on their menu, but, for vegetarians at the Sunday buffet, the choice is noodles, fried rice or banana fritter. That is the option. Still, the ambiance was very nice and we all had a lovely time; the food I did have tasted lovely.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Great food and fantastic choice for vegetarians! Very reasonable price with lunch time special menu, banquet, buffet option. Always delicious and never a dissapointment.

1  Thank Natalie D
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I popped in with a friend who I'd met in town, the place is quite central. The decor was nicely Chinese, ready for the Chinese New Year. The staff were quite attentive and friendly, although one was perhaps too attentive at taking my friend's plate away before they'd finished eating the food on it. We laughed this away the first time, but when it happened a second time we didn't.

We had the all-you-can-eat but unfortunately the food really wasn't up to standard. The soup didn't have much taste, the oriental rolls we didn't eat after one mouthful as they tasted off, and the rest was only very average. There seemed to be a lot of chicken, and no crispy duck. There was a help-yourself ice cream machine which was quite popular.

We do know much better Chinese restaurants in Southport at similar prices so won't be revisiting this one (and even if we didn't I don't think we'd be back).

Reviewed January 4, 2012

good location and plenty of food, not the best quality but fun for the family and so much to eat!!

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Nice place great food shame that the drinks are a bIt over priced