“60th birthday party”

Trattoria 51
Ranked #9 of 369 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located directly opposite Southport Theatre and Convention Centre. Trattoria 51 brings a true taste of Italy to the North West with a beautiful bar and terrace that is perfect for relaxing with a bite to eat and a drink, especially in the summer. The Restaurant offers a wonderful combination of both modern and classic Italian dishes in a family-friendly, yet intimate and fun environment. Our dishes are rustic, simple and delicious using the finest and freshest ingredients that everyone can enjoy - and you'll find incredible value too.Look out for our fresh specials every day. Fish and Grill nights every Thursday, Friday and Saturday are perfect for the serious gourmet.Buon Appetito!
Reviewed January 26, 2014

A surprise party was arranged for my big 60 at Trattoria 51. We had one of the Christmas party menus which was excellent. Fantastic range of starters which kept coming and coming to share. Main courses enjoyed included beef stroganoff, sea bass, followed by lovely home made desserts. Highly recommend a visit to this friendly Italian restaurant.

1  Thank Greekislandlovers

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Had a very Good meal with family and children on New years eve. Very handy across road from the theatre£17.95 for 3 course set meal was good value, £8.95 for children was ok too. Meat Ball starter was very good and Lasagne for main course was excellent. Overall would defo recommend a visit.

1  Thank Stubecc
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Fabulous food with great menu. Lovely staff and excellent service. Great atmosphere. Just across the road from the Floral Hall and theatre if you fancy a meal before or after.

1  Thank Elofth
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We've been here before and this was our second visit in a fortnight. The first time we came it was empty which bothered me at first but my mind was quickly put to rest, the food did all the talking. Proper Italian food, cooked to perfection with meals arriving not too slowly but not too fast either, which gives you time to digest food and relax a little. The staff were lovely and I will admit a little over zealous but I would rather have that than my previous experiences of places I have eaten where service was poor, slow and staff looking miserable.
For the starter I had the meatballs in tomato sauce with a piece of rustic bread, something so simple yet one of the most excellent things I have ever eaten and my partner agreed, very wholesome and warm which is great in this cold weather. I went on to eat a stone baked pizza and my partner chicken in lemon sauce. Again delicious but the chicken [which I got a little bite of] was simply heaven - tender, succulent and melted in your mouth. Next was dessert, I had the most mouth watering chocolate brownie with ice cream which my partner was extremely jealous of and he ate a raspberry cheesecake, which looked average next to a chocoholics dream.

Tonight we actually had decided to go to the Guelder Rose but it was extremely busy [not too surprised] but told to wait 5-10 mins for a table. So we decided not to bother and went straight to Trattoria. This time it looked quite busy and we thought we'd end up being shoved in a corner by lots of big families which could have nearly happened in the Guelder Rose. However the lovely waiter who greeted us [and remembered us from last time which was pleasantly surprising] took us around and then into what I can only describe as an alcove, despite there being 2 long tables, he seated us there away from all the families, which was just perfect. I have nothing against families, of course it's Christmas but all too often I with my partner have been placed in uncomfortable areas with no thought to maybe we wanted somewhere a bit quieter.
Again the food was fabulous, we both had the same starter from last time, it tasted even better this time around. For the main I had the chicken and lemon like my partner had last time, still good but sadly I felt it was a bit rushed and the lemon sauce extremely strong. My partner had slow roast pork which was so tender it just fell apart and again I had a bite - delicious. He only faulted that he needed more of it! For dessert I had to have the chocolate brownie again, so did my partner and we had every last little bit, the ice cream is simply the best I've ever had [I apologise to Devon/Cornwall for that confession].

Service once again was excellent, even though the staff looked rushed off their feet with so many large families. Had time for us, treated us like friends and like someone stated before in a review, the bill was prompt and two staff wished us goodbye and happy new year as we left, which was the perfect ending to our meal.

Simply could not get better anywhere else in my opinion, my absolute favourite restaurant with unbeatable value [£12.95 for 3 courses!] and will definitely be visiting again.

1  Thank Maddokka
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Good food well presented and not overpriced, clean and cosy,service as little slow, but well worth a visit.

1  Thank IssyMez