The Vincent Hotel
Rosedale Hotel(Southport)
The Talbot Hotel(Southport)
  • Beachfront
1,260 results
All reviewspacific restaurantcorner studiodeep bathcoffee machinethe penthousecocktail barlord streetboutique hotelhotel barlovely hotelsteam roomstandard roomchecking outfunction rooma lovely staylovely roomevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were staying in Southport for the Musical Fireworks festival and picked the Vincent for our Sunday night stay as they had a special rate for dinner, bed and breakfast which compared very favourable with the price of regular B&B accommodation in Southport. We were very impressed with this hotel, the room was spacious, well sound proofed, with all the extras you expect, wi fi, coffee machine, safe, fridge etc etc. As well as a giant size bed! The staff were friendly and efficient and the food in the restuarant well deserving of its AA rossette awards. We will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
TheVincentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Vincent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the VINCENT Hotel on Trip Advisor!
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and hope that you equally enjoyed your time watching the fireworks!
I shall pass on your wonderful review to our staff and hope that we will see you again soon for another weekend away where you can enjoy more of the delighted in the V-Café, McGee Bar and perhaps the V-Spa aswell!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and it never fails to impress. The whole place has a modern / boutique / place to be seen kind of feel but beneath there is an oasis of calm and luxury. Reception are always very welcoming - check in swift and easy - all info supplied with a smile. Room was seemed compact but i think that down to the enormous bed - huge but super comfy and beautifully presented. Room has everything you are going to need including your very own espresso machine. No curtains but instead a funky screen that you pull across the window

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of your stay with us at the VINCENT!
I shall pass on your great review to all of the VINCENT teams who I am sure will be delighted at your kind words.
I hope that it won’t be too long until we are welcoming you back with open arms

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My friend from work recommended the Vincent hotel for my recent stay in Southport, and I'm glad I followed her advice! I got a good impression from their website, and when we got there, we weren't disappointed. Our room was really modern and felt really expensive, even though it cost under £100. The overall stay was great, including the service at reception and at breakfast. I would be happy to recommend this hotel to any of my friends now as well.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the VINCENT Hotel!
I am delighted that you had such a wonderful stay with us and hope that you will take some more trips to Southport just to visit us again! I am sure there will be more delicious meals in the V-Café or our sister restaurant The Warehouse for you to try, and our award winning comfy beds are always enough of a reason to return for a great nights sleep!
Maybe next time you could indulge yourself with a V-Spa treatment!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was our second stay for British musical fireworks and it was almost perfect from start to finish.Slightly spoilt by the inabilty of breakfast front of house being able to cope we were not offered tea or coffee there was no menu when tea arrived after us asking for it the waitress gave us the smallest jug of milk to be quite frank she seemed half asleep.It was to be quite frankly a bit of a shambles. Staff struggled to keep crockery and food topped up might I suggest a hotel of this quality should not be offering a buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Vincent Hotel on Trip Advisor,
The British Musical Fireworks Competition is a fantastic event to visit Southport for and I hope you had a wonderful time watching the shows.
I am delighted that we gave you a perfect stay is almost every aspect, I do however apologise for any inconveniences you experienced at breakfast.
We tend not to give out specific breakfast menus as it is a buffet style, but we can deal with any requests you may have. We have been reviewing the V-Café at breakfast time on such busy weekends and hope that the changes we have put in place will correct any of these imperfections.
We hope to welcome you back next year, kind regards

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I visited here with my wife recently based on a recommnendation from a firend who lives in the area.
I was initially quite excited at staying here as the reviews, website and price suggest that the hotel is at the higher end of the spectrum and I could expect only great things from it.
On arrival I was impressed by the 'front of house' staff. The porter was a genuinely friendly person and the reception staff were most welcoming. After handing my keys across for valet parking, we were then shown to our Studio room. I agree with a previous reviewer who stated that some areas are looking a bit tired. The main reception and bar are obviously kept in tip-top condition but the other areas are suffering slightly. The room was comfortable although comparable with sub £100 hotels I've stayed in elsewhere. The bar prices are quite high and on purchasing my first drink I was short changed £1. Not much but enough to make me aware that the barman was supplementing his salary. We ate later in the V cafe and it was delicious with very good service so I would definitely recommend eating an evening meal here but sadly the same cannot be said for breakfast. Breakfast was terrible to be brutally honest. As usual the staff were great but the whole eating experience was wrong. My coffee was cold, the cup was chipped where the mouth makes contact, one of the small jars of jam at our table wasn't new as it was already opened and half empty (this should have been replaced). We stood for 10 minutes as no plates were available at which point I asked for one, only half of the food was available as nobody was monitoring levels and so on. It was very badly managed and having to constantly ask staff for something does not make it very relaxing. My wife commented that it was probably the worst breakfast we've ever had at a hotel or B&B so room for improvement there.
Overall, not a bad place but definitely not worth the price tag it pitches itself at.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple