Vincent
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed February 23, 2012

in my opinion this is the best hotel in Southport by a mile. It is beautifully appointed, with quality fixtures and fittings. The beds are vast and comfortable. I have stayed here twice and both times it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Breakfast is also good
there is a very good coctail bar, valet parking (there is only on the road parking nearby) and the location of the hotel couldn't be better for central Southport. There are also good deals to be had if you book far enough in advance.
only bugbear - the muted colour schemes (browns and taupes) which may be very trendy and sophisicated, make it difficult to get bright light into the room so you can see doing make up etc.
other than that - good place to stay

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed February 19, 2012

- amazing service
- inviting welcome
- AMAZING shower and bed
- service was quick and easy
- friendly staff
But sadly..
- the room was dark so therefore was hard to do my make up and hair in the mirror also to put in my contact lenses...
- lock was broken on the bathroom door
- no plug sockets next to the beds couldn't charge my phone next to my bed and to plug in any items
- window wouldn't open
- the sound on the TV wasn't loud enough... We respect it's a hotel but it wasn't even respectfully loud enough to hear
- to hot - the air con was rubbish

Appart from the room 503 was a night to remember

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Ziggyandbliss
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Took my daughter for Sunday champagne afternoon tea. We both really enjoyed it. Nice atmosphere, surrounding and staff. Only thing to watch/check out is whether the tea selection is included in afternoon tea package as my daughter was having tea and I was having coffee, she read through the advertised teas and made her selection only to be told that she could only have breakfast tea (this was by the head waiter), we accepted this at the time, however later on when we got home I read through the menu where it does clearly state "selection of teas"!!! Still recommended though and would go again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 87jojo
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We were greeted warmly on arrival and were offered the option to upgrade our room (for a nominal fee) which we decided to do. Having had time to settle in we received a courtesy call from reception to check everything was ok with our room. A nice touch, I thought. Our request for a bucket of ice was fulfilled promptly, as was our request for an iron! Our room was spacious and comfortable, and we had great views onto Lord Street. The staff were competent, friendly and dare I say... happy and enjoying their work?! We were truly impressed, enjoyed our stay and will certainly visit again. Thank you to all at the 'Vincent'.

2  Thank lucyandspencer
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Myself and my partner have stayed here once before and we loved it. We thought Phil who greeted us was such a lovely guy and the staff were ever so friendly. Second time around we felt a little disappointed. Phil doesn't work here any more so our greeting wasn't as welcoming. The guy's who park you car are really friendly however. We visited the bar in the evening, the staff are the most miserable people barely gave a smile all night. We went back up to our room and turned the heating off as it was extremely hot, we both woke up through the night sweating, the room was so so hot it was really uncomfortable. I'm really not a moaner but I'm just so disappointed with this hotel after our second stay. I have nothing nice to say about the Vincent this time around and it's a shame we wont be visiting again.
The one good thing I will comment on is the lovely young girl who worked on reception with dark hair, she was completely lovely, this only good thing about the place on our last visit!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Clareabell_Liverpool
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My new husband and I had our wedding reception here, what can I say, it was the best day of our lives. From the moment my bridesmaids and I checked into the penthouse the day before, to my husband and I checking out the day after, everything ran smoothly and we had the special treatment that our guests and ourselves deserved on our wedding day.
Many of my guests stayed over at the Vincent for the weekend and they were allowed to have early check-in so they could freshen up or get changed before the ceremony which worked out really well.
Provision was made for my four bridesmaids to stay with me in the penthouse the night before, so we had great fun with sushi in the restaurant followed by champagne in the hot tub and then a sleep-over before obviously getting our beauty sleep!
On the day of the wedding we had an amazing breakfast in our room and we got ready. The only negative I would say was that the lighting wasn't very good for putting make-up on, but we soon solved that by going into the gym and all lining up in the huge mirrors there as it was much brighter. The spa staff did say that if we were having loads of problems we could borrow one of their lights, which was very helpful. The girls in the spa also came in half an hour early and put all of our false eyelashes on which was really sweet of them.
After the the groom and I had had some of our photos taken we came back and were greeted by Clare (the events coordinator) with champagne and they kept a plate of canapés back for us which was brilliant and took us into the bar to have a chill out as its a very intense day. After this we joined our guests in the bar and everyone said how fabulous everything was and how attentive the staff were.
Then we had the wedding breakfast, the room looked so beautiful, just how I had imagined it, but better. The food was excellent and Clare and Alan (the manager) oversaw everything and made sure all the food came out perfectly and everyone was happy. All of the staff involved were excellent and everything ran seamlessly.
All in all it was the best day, my guests are still talking about it now, 4 weeks later. I can't thank the staff at the Vincent enough for making me feel like a princess and my guests feel so looked after. I will remember this special day for the rest of my life.
If you want an exquisite wedding with an edge then the Vincent is for you.

4  Thank Janestar
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I booked the Penthouse for a surprise and the entire experience was great from start to finish!
Although the hotel has no car park which is no fault of its own as the building is quite old there was valet parking which I personally think was great because you don't have to look for parking yourself which can be difficult in Southport!
Staff on reception was extremely helpful and friendly!
The room was out of this world, spacious, well equipped with everything you needed, great view, hot tub, steam room and huge comfortable bed! The complementary home made chocolates and flowers where a lovely surprise and made a delicious midnight treat!
Only negative I had about the room was that the tv in the bathroom didn't work and the hot tub wasn't filled up for the arrival of new guests.
We had lunch and dinner at the hotel restaurant and both times service was top quality and the food exceptional...try the steak ( steak knife not required!!!!!) and the chocolate assiette 11/10 amazing!
We popped out of the hotel after dinner but soon ended up back in the small but modern bar with a great atmosphere and Dj...best bar in Southport, and ended up staying in there until gone midnight...bar staff were extremely helpful and very attentive and the cocktails are delicious!
Breakfast the following morning was again superb, full English buffet along with continental, service was perfect again and it has to be the best English breakfast I have had!
On leaving the hotel, again reception staff were extremely friendly and the car was brought round immediatly!

We loved this hotel that much we have booked again!
It is small, it may come across as being quite a dark hotel, but it is a modern boutique hotel just what Southport needed!
Thank You The Vincent!