The place was filthy, the glasses had lip marks on them before we had even had a drink, the floors were gritty and the tv/units dusty. It looked as though the windows had never been cleaned and nor the door which was also broken and chipping away. I do have to point out that the bathroom and bedding was all clean!
'The Queen Victoria' pub was awful, the wooden floor was really sticky and made you shudder looking at it, some ancient fans hang on the ceiling which are covered in dust, I hated queuing up for food too, was really embarrassing.
Most of the indoor/outdoor arcade machines didn't work which was a shame.
They have a serious issue with mobile phone signal at this park too, don't expect to get any, I had to check my messages from outside of the park gates!
The blue coats balanced it out though, they were excellent and kept a smile on even if the room was full of thuggish looking families BUT apart from one man in the Nisa shop all the staff are miserable as hell and when you ask them a question look at you like rubbish, they need some serious customer service training. Me and my friends did have fun though so if you can see past the grime then you should be fine :-/
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pontins Southport was Re-born in 2011 following the purchase by Britannia Hotels. All our Managers & Staff are proud to work here at Pontins Southport & proud of our recent & ongoing improvements. Our Pontins is situated on the edge of the Sand dunes & only three minutes’ walk away from one of the longest & most beautiful stretches of beach/coastline in the EU. We have a lovely village just up the road at Ainsdale. And also boast Southport on our doorstep. Not forgetting the Home of the Beatles! Just a 20 minutes train journey from Ainsdale to the amazing City of Liverpool. Or just stay here and let us entertain you. We have our World Famous Bluecoats, the Croc Crew & We also book the very best cabarets around. Including finalists from the X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent. Let us entertain you & our thousands of other returning guests this season. We have a variety of different room types available for you to choose from. We have Club rooms, Classic rooms & Popular room types for you to pick from. Or why don’t you see if out little home from home The Bungalow is available? We feel that we offer comfortable accommodation at great prices. We also offer excellent facilities and have greatly increased the number of activities on Park and this has been noticed by a great number of our guests. And our food and drink is very good value indeed, especially our eat all you want breakfast for £4.95 & our three course evening meals for £7. We have recently received a Five Star Award for Food Hygiene from the Foods Standards Agency, so you know you are receiving excellent service and also fantastic value for money. These great prices are complemented by our happy hours at the bar! So come on over to see us at Pontins Southport the party for the kids and the whole family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pontins Southport Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pontins Southport Holiday Park Hotel Southport
- Pontins Hotel Southport
- Pontins Resort Southport
- Pontins Southport Holiday Park England