We stayed at Pontins last week, kids were excited as I showed them the online film etc and they thought it looked good, how wrong were we, we arrived got our key, walked into the shabby apartment to be met with no TV, no fridge, rubbish left from obviously the people before, have a look around, I have two sons and there was one bed for them to share, go to the bathroom and it was stinking of urine, all over the toilet seat, hair in the bath and god knows what it was in the sink.
We get another key for another apartment (if thats what you call it) more like a prison cell, first night was ok as we were all tired from travelling from Dundee so went for a drive, had tea and went back to sleep. Next day we went out as I wasnt comfortable with my kids making friends with some of the kids running around as to be honest they were foul mouthed and up to no good. Gets home that night, goes to bed only to be woken up by what sounded like a gang fight, look out and there was two guys clearly drunk swinging punches at each other for well over 2 hours, women screaming (one pregnant and drunk). This could happen anywhere but what got me was it took and hour for security to come and then hear them say is that all you are fighting about, laughing then walking away, for the numpties to start again. We only paid £99 but come on all we wanted was a clean apartment and not some TITS fighting coz they cant handle there drink, wont ever be going back even though at the end of the day we had a great holiday but that because we never stayed at Pontins to have a holiday just for somewhere to lay our heads.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pontins Southport was Re-born in 2011 following the purchase by Britannia Hotels. All our Managers & Staff are proud to work here at Pontins Southport & proud of our recent & ongoing improvements. Our Pontins is situated on the edge of the Sand dunes & only three minutes’ walk away from one of the longest & most beautiful stretches of beach/coastline in the EU. We have a lovely village just up the road at Ainsdale. And also boast Southport on our doorstep. Not forgetting the Home of the Beatles! Just a 20 minutes train journey from Ainsdale to the amazing City of Liverpool. Or just stay here and let us entertain you. We have our World Famous Bluecoats, the Croc Crew & We also book the very best cabarets around. Including finalists from the X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent. Let us entertain you & our thousands of other returning guests this season. We have a variety of different room types available for you to choose from. We have Club rooms, Classic rooms & Popular room types for you to pick from. Or why don’t you see if out little home from home The Bungalow is available? We feel that we offer comfortable accommodation at great prices. We also offer excellent facilities and have greatly increased the number of activities on Park and this has been noticed by a great number of our guests. And our food and drink is very good value indeed, especially our eat all you want breakfast for £4.95 & our three course evening meals for £7. We have recently received a Five Star Award for Food Hygiene from the Foods Standards Agency, so you know you are receiving excellent service and also fantastic value for money. These great prices are complemented by our happy hours at the bar! So come on over to see us at Pontins Southport the party for the kids and the whole family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pontins Southport Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pontins Southport Holiday Park Hotel Southport
- Pontins Hotel Southport
- Pontins Resort Southport
- Pontins Southport Holiday Park England