“Disgusting!”

Pontins Southport Holiday Park
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We booked popular apartments mon -fri.
We queued around 45 mins for our keys which wasn't to bad.
When arriving at our apartment the windows and doors were filthy! When we opened the door a horrible damp smell just hit us It was dirty inside as well as out all the fittings were very very basic. We also paid for a cot and were not provided with one.
I went back to reception to complain there was a large line of guests there all complaining about the dirty and basic apartments.
We were upgraded and moved to another apartment.
Again windows and front door filthy but was a slight improvement on the other apartment (no smell). As we were settling in the children were running around and we noticed their feet and socks were black!! We took a wipe to the floor and omg!! I don't think the floors had ever been mopped!! We spent as little time as possible in the apartment.
The facilities weren't to bad for the children but a lot of stuff out of order.
When you go on their website apartments look new and really nice TRUST me they r nothing like it hostels are better!! Leaving the site on day trips made our holiday!! Oh and we also tried the food Big mistake! I felt sorry for the half board guests. Lo

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank HelgaP17
Write a ReviewReviews (4,254)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nearly finished our Monday to Monday at Pontins, yes it's basic but I didn't pay for a 5 star hotel so you can't expect a 5 star resort, very good for Kids, wee brother seems to love it and there's loads to do for kids! Bluecoats are extremely friendly and helpful, lovely people and all staff are lovely and nothing is a trouble time them! Lots of activities to do during the day and the night time entertainment is very good for being a holiday park! Free WiFi that the teenagers in the group find fabulous and it keeps them quiet! All in all, a decent experience! I hope this helps people thinking about coming- will be back!

Room Tip: The rooms start very basic but you get what you pay for, you don't spend much time in the room a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Leeyah M
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Well I read all the reviews on here before we went and I was horified so took all our own bedding loads of bleach and cleaning stuff, its not the cleanest of parks but its no where near what these other people are saying for what you pay what on earth do you expect??? Loads of free things for the kids to do amusements, pool (never used the pool my son hates swimming) bouncy castles,big play park, live entertainment which we all enjoyed even had an act that was on britains got talent which my 7 year old was amazed at! Also trampolines and go carts you pay for these as you do in all holiday parks! We went to the queen vic for diner and lunch and it is only £4 per adult buffet, food was fine I loved the huge salad bar and kids were only £2.50 great prices to eat also an onsite chip shop and store and the store wasn't stocked that great but had everything we needed also had a toy £1 section which was even better if your on a budget this is a budget holiday ad it was a lot better than I expected most people were constanty moaning and complaining but they did stay for the 4 nights so it couldnt have been that bad most people want more for there money I paid £99 for mon-fri for a family of 4 £25 per night what on earth do people want the ritz???? So to sum it we as a family had a great time staff work with what they've got and do a good job and take a lot of stick which is a shame very affordable fun holiday and the beach is a 5 mins walk and its a stunning beach to go to very very clean please go and enjoy your holiday at pontins its what you make it :-)

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Sharon2805
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed 28th June to 1st July (unfortunatly it was over the period when the polish footballers were there but I,ll come to that)..... Anyway,we checked in,receptionists were a tad miserable upon check in but I guess when people are on at you all day every day it must be hard to keep a smile on your face! We found our room and upon opening the door I was pleasantly surprised! Wooden style floors, chalet overall was tidy and had what u need for a base! tv channels were limited but we barely had it on anyway as we spent most of the time out of the chalet! My one bit of advice would be take some food and drink supplies with you if your eating in as there's just one not so nice fish n chip shop with queues of about 30 mins and an expensive Nisa shop wich is ok,for basics but nothing available really food wise! And also loo rolls, washing up liquid & dishcloth to give it a wipe down :).....We had a really good time as we booked it as a little break away from the norm, the only disruption to us was the polish footballers whome I beleive 180 in total were causing havoc on the camp! We were kept awake all night Saturday as they continued in to Sunday morning drinking,chanting,setting off flares & fireworks before being escorted off the premises by police and police dogs!.....apart from this good time had by all, great for a cheap n cheerful getaway and lots o do for kids! Also as there were no kids in our group the £2.30 pints went down a treat ;)

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank wobble
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Arrived early evening and had packed up and gone by 9am the next morning. What a dump, it should come with a health warning!!!!! I can't believe that the powers that be think this place is acceptable for human habitation, it needs to be closed down. I can't put in words how filthy the rooms are you couldn't see through the windows the bedding had brown marks all over them the shower cut out after 2/3 minutes. I'm pretty liberal but just walking from our room to the reception, I lost count of the swear words my son had to listen to and the wonderful sight of people spitting on the pavements, I thought that was bad enough but on the way back I heard the cry's of a women, who obviously hadn't done as she was told. If you are thinking about going here, I would seriously reconsider, it should be demolished!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

spent 3 nights at southport pontins and would never go back. queues were massive to get keys thrown at you and a map to tell you where you were staying which was wrong said upper floor so carried pushchair and all bags upstairs only to be told it was wrong room , arrived at room and absolutely filthy ,dirty windows damp curtains and ants infestation, heating didnt work and lights in bedroom kept flicking on and off, bedding is ridiculous toilet paper thin and badly made. we decided to eat at the onsite restaurant THE VIC and ended up with sickness and diarrhoea. The shop was badly stocked shelves always empty and for 10 minutes on the trampoline was 2 pound.Entertainment was so bad it made you laugh. Basically it made me think of the roughest council estate on a hot day parents get trollied of there faces leaving the kids to run aimlessly round a run down dirty campus . would NEVER go back

Room Tip: bring your own bedding and eat your own food, take plenty of vitamins to boost your immune system be...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank gemma w
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I thought I'd walked on to the Shameless film set.Club Class means nothing. Our chalet stank awful and was filthy. I had to clean and sanitize everywhere before I would let my grandchildren set foot into the room. The bed settee was unstable (slept on the floor) and the microwave was precariously fixed to the wall at shoulder level, located right where people passed each other in the kitchenette, just waiting for someone to crack their head on. Throughout the night into the early hours (3am) people were very noisy, swearing, arguing, shouting and clearly drunk. At one point someone banged hard several times on our window, which frightened my grandchildren witless. The decision was quickly made to leave the very next morning ... we hadn't even been there for 24 hours.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family