We booked popular apartments mon -fri.
We queued around 45 mins for our keys which wasn't to bad.
When arriving at our apartment the windows and doors were filthy! When we opened the door a horrible damp smell just hit us It was dirty inside as well as out all the fittings were very very basic. We also paid for a cot and were not provided with one.
I went back to reception to complain there was a large line of guests there all complaining about the dirty and basic apartments.
We were upgraded and moved to another apartment.
Again windows and front door filthy but was a slight improvement on the other apartment (no smell). As we were settling in the children were running around and we noticed their feet and socks were black!! We took a wipe to the floor and omg!! I don't think the floors had ever been mopped!! We spent as little time as possible in the apartment.
The facilities weren't to bad for the children but a lot of stuff out of order.
When you go on their website apartments look new and really nice TRUST me they r nothing like it hostels are better!! Leaving the site on day trips made our holiday!! Oh and we also tried the food Big mistake! I felt sorry for the half board guests. Lo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pontins Southport was Re-born in 2011 following the purchase by Britannia Hotels. All our Managers & Staff are proud to work here at Pontins Southport & proud of our recent & ongoing improvements. Our Pontins is situated on the edge of the Sand dunes & only three minutes’ walk away from one of the longest & most beautiful stretches of beach/coastline in the EU. We have a lovely village just up the road at Ainsdale. And also boast Southport on our doorstep. Not forgetting the Home of the Beatles! Just a 20 minutes train journey from Ainsdale to the amazing City of Liverpool. Or just stay here and let us entertain you. We have our World Famous Bluecoats, the Croc Crew & We also book the very best cabarets around. Including finalists from the X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent. Let us entertain you & our thousands of other returning guests this season. We have a variety of different room types available for you to choose from. We have Club rooms, Classic rooms & Popular room types for you to pick from. Or why don’t you see if out little home from home The Bungalow is available? We feel that we offer comfortable accommodation at great prices. We also offer excellent facilities and have greatly increased the number of activities on Park and this has been noticed by a great number of our guests. And our food and drink is very good value indeed, especially our eat all you want breakfast for £4.95 & our three course evening meals for £7. We have recently received a Five Star Award for Food Hygiene from the Foods Standards Agency, so you know you are receiving excellent service and also fantastic value for money. These great prices are complemented by our happy hours at the bar! So come on over to see us at Pontins Southport the party for the kids and the whole family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Pontins Southport Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pontins Southport Holiday Park Hotel Southport
- Pontins Hotel Southport
- Pontins Resort Southport
- Pontins Southport Holiday Park England