Aprox 600 of us went for Zorros Roadshow for 3 nights and had a brilliant time. Having read the reviews on here I went with my own sheets and a plastic cover for the bed and cleaning equipment. Need not have bothered as chalet 277 (basic chalet) was clean as was bedding. Electric was expensive £20 for 3 nights but 3 heaters were on full most of the time. Theres seems plenty to do around the place especially for little ones.
Now for some of the bad points. Captain Cod needs to be shut down, the food was disgusting. The staff look dirty and their uniforms looked like they hadnt been washed in weeks and need training in public relations.
The Victoria pub, Food was ok but on sat night no cups or milk for cuppas, same on Sunday morning. The chefs looked scruffy and grubby, clean and ironed uniforms doesnt take alot of effort and especially when they are bringing out food it should be priority.
The Chalets although they were clean the windows and exteriors were disgustingly dirty. If the cleaners havent got time to clean windows and doors then employ a window cleaner full time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pontins Southport was Re-born in 2011 following the purchase by Britannia Hotels. All our Managers & Staff are proud to work here at Pontins Southport & proud of our recent & ongoing improvements. Our Pontins is situated on the edge of the Sand dunes & only three minutes’ walk away from one of the longest & most beautiful stretches of beach/coastline in the EU. We have a lovely village just up the road at Ainsdale. And also boast Southport on our doorstep. Not forgetting the Home of the Beatles! Just a 20 minutes train journey from Ainsdale to the amazing City of Liverpool. Or just stay here and let us entertain you. We have our World Famous Bluecoats, the Croc Crew & We also book the very best cabarets around. Including finalists from the X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent. Let us entertain you & our thousands of other returning guests this season. We have a variety of different room types available for you to choose from. We have Club rooms, Classic rooms & Popular room types for you to pick from. Or why don’t you see if out little home from home The Bungalow is available? We feel that we offer comfortable accommodation at great prices. We also offer excellent facilities and have greatly increased the number of activities on Park and this has been noticed by a great number of our guests. And our food and drink is very good value indeed, especially our eat all you want breakfast for £4.95 & our three course evening meals for £7. We have recently received a Five Star Award for Food Hygiene from the Foods Standards Agency, so you know you are receiving excellent service and also fantastic value for money. These great prices are complemented by our happy hours at the bar! So come on over to see us at Pontins Southport the party for the kids and the whole family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Pontins Southport Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pontins Southport Holiday Park Hotel Southport
- Pontins Hotel Southport
- Pontins Resort Southport
- Pontins Southport Holiday Park England