4,606 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 26, 2012

.. after reading reviews i was dreading my stay at pontins. i payed £289 for 4 nights stay 16th-20th july. the only half board hol ive ever been on where ive had to pay for bed linen. the food was buffet style and there was always something there to eat even if it was just the cakes. the bluecoats really did do there best with the children but it was aimed more at younger children so if your children are over the age of 9 then ther isnt much entertainment for them. the apartments really do need updated. although i did see that there were hundreds of microwaves waiting to be put into apartments. the only thing i would say about my apartment was that the window was stuffed with either toilet roll or kitchen roll because it wouldnt shut properly hence that i couldnt open it either.the swimming area was absolutley disgusting with 4 cubicles with only shower curtains as doors for changing rooms, and 6 toilets with only 1 of them having a workable lock. the attendants in the swimming area were more interested in chatting up the young girls than keeping an eye on the people in the pool. i wouldnt visit southport again and certainly wouldnt advise any1 to waste there hard earned cash going here, especially a single parent like myself as there are better holiday parks about. britannia hotels should get some new manangement in place and get this place sorted

1  Thank elky53
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Went last week for 1 night just for a change and we really enjoyed it! We went in chalet number 101 which is upstairs right facing the go carts, crazy golf etc.
There has indeed been some improvements made since we last went about 18 months ago. Our chalet had new beds, new setee, new laminate lino on the floor and new quilts and pillows, unfortunately though it wasn't clean. I couldn't be bothered to do it because we were only there for the night, but as I said to the receptionist when I handed in the key if we'd have been staying longer I would have had to do it, when I took the bag out of the bin it was disgusting!
Tip;take some flash, bleach, cloths and your own quilt covers/blankets. Always remember slipper socks/slippers to keep your feet off the floors and NOT white, they would be black!
Shower in the baths after you've been for a swim and take a small heater to plug in in the chalet, if you hang your towels on hangers over the mirror with the heater on the table facing them you will just get your towels dry for swimming the next morning.:)
They have a happy hour each day, it was only £7.00 for 4 drinks which I thought was reasonable; 1 pint of lager (cheaper than the half I'd asked for) a diet coke and 2 mixed slushes.
And the breakfast was ok £2.50 I think for kids help yourself as much as they can eat.
We didn't queue for our key, we've been before, we know the arrangement, we parked up, went swimming, had something to eat on the poolside, sauntered around the arcade then went to the reception and got them off the receptionist who was a lovely young girl, really friendly.
Would go again, but only if the price was right. We know whats on offer there and anything more than the price of £55 for 1 night is too much! We are going to Spain in August and thats costing £570 for 4 people All Inclusive!! It'll be spotless and we'll have lovely weather, Pontins just can't compete, but as I said for 1 night it's a nice change, the kids love it! :) DON'T FORGET YOUR CLEANING PRODUCTS!

Room Tip: Room 101 directly opposite the main reception, go carts, crazy golf etc.
5  Thank debbie7219
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We got back from are hoilday last Friday, after reading the reviews we werent looking forward to going, but im so glad we did, we had a great time my son loved the outdoor play area it looked brand new and very child friendly, the indoor soft play area was also fantastic, theres lots to keep the children entertained, the shop was well stocked and priced well,however the pavements were uneven with holes in which was a bit of a pain as my daughters in a wheelchair, the swimming pool was very cold and the flooring in the toddler pool was also uneven, and it did get very hot in the entertainment room in the evenings, the apartments were fine nice and clean. we would go back again we had a lovely time and wanted to extend are stay, we stayed on a sun hoilday in a popular apartment.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank aliceandamanda
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Upon reading some of the reviews after booking, my family and I feared the worst. Upon arrival, we found the staff very efficient and helpful. There is absolutely loads to do for kids and adults alike, and a lot of activities are free of charge! I found the rooms basic, but clean and overall, very good value for money! My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and our 5 year old daughter had the time of her life!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Kippaxcol
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We all enjoyed our stay but the club apartments are very basic the rooms need updating,saying that the food was good and the drinks cheep,train just down the road to go to Liverpool or southport .Yes we will be going back.

Room Tip: Dont pay for a upgrade to Club, the apartments are all the same .
3  Thank 503721Dawn