“Superb Evening”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food was superb as was the service , the waiters could not do enough for us , my wife and I had a thoroughly enjoyable evening
Will definitely visit again when in Southport

1  Thank andygibbo6
There are newer reviews for Spiga

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Excellent all round highly enjoyed the food it was lovely and the waitors were very attentive and polite. I definitely will be returning again very soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

When seated waiter explained they only been open 3 weeks & they did not have a card machine it would have to be cash only which was fine with us as we already had cash on us, we just wanted a quick bite to eat, my husband ordered a pint of larger which the waiter explained that wasnt a free drink & it was only a free glass of wine, this was fine with us as we we not bothered about the free drink!!! I ordered a glass of white dry wine instead it was watery & sweet hence I didnt really drink it. We ordered food I had pate which unfortunatley looked like it was cheap supermarket packet & the salad was a bit brown & too much, it also came with (which was discribed as chutney!!) green slime with some sort of leafy stuff in a small dish. My husband however had meat balls which he thoughly enjoyed. A different waiter cleared our plates which I noticed unfortunaley he had dirty fingernails, not good to see in a restaurant. The interior is very nice just a shame we did not enjoy the experiance.

Luchino S, Manager at Spiga, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

We are extremely sorry to hear you did not enjoy your dining experience with us. It is correct we are awaiting on the bank to install our card services,and we have instructed all members of staff to inform customers to save any embarrassment.
I cant understand as to why your glass of dry wine would of been sweet and watery as our wine by the glass is a good quality Pinot Grigio. We do not stock any other wine for sale by the glass!
I assure you i am going to speak to the chef that prepared your pate and thank you for bringing it to my attention.
On a positive note we are pleased to hear your husband enjoyed his meal, and are very grateful for the feedback.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Having known Ronnie for some 20yrs it was such a wonderful suprise to see him again back at the reigns!! The food was to die for & his generousity & humour hasn't left him, even though Ronnie's on Hoghton St has.. All the best to you & your staff x

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Small and cozy Italian restaurant. The food was excellent. The lasagna was very flavorful. The service was out of this world . Will definitely visit again when in Southport