“Seriously Good”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Found this excellent restaurant by sheer chance. Good interesting Turkish food, cooked over an authentic charcoal firepit. Well presented generous portions and a good winelist. Reasonably priced with good mid week offers. Just sorry we don't live locally or we would be frequent visitors

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Visited for the first time in December. I loved the food and the staff were very friendly and attentive. We were the only ones in the restaurant as it is fairly new, so it seemed large and barren but we made our own atmosphere. I hope it does well and 'catches on' in Southport. I will definitely go back in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Those who have travelled to and loved Turkey must visit, I've struggled to remember a better Turkish meal whilst there, those who haven't and are in dire need of a break from their "usual" restaurant or have fallen into a take away rut go and try the two course special and you'll be pleasantly surprised, if in doubt go for the Havin Special kebab, but banish all thoughts of what you know as a British "kebab", they are poles apart!

1  Thank babygotoo
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Very good, authentic Turkish food. Fresh ingredients, well presented and served with a smile. Good choice for vegetarians too. Just needs a few more customers to get the atmosphere right - and certainly deserves them. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Zeddig
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Our family visited on Christmas eve and although we had trouble booking elsewhere, Havin slotted us straight in. I think this is because it is new and not a lot of people know this restaurant as yet.

The menu seemed lovely and seeing the food being cooked over the coals is a great way to get the cooked fresh message across but my own meal was average.

I chose the Calamari starter which was not good at all. The rings were overcooked and had obviously been left to rest for a while as they were only warm and very chewy. I suppose in future, I would order something a little more Turkish!!!

My main was a mixed kebab dish which was lovely but while some was piping hot, other pieces were only warm and I think the left to rest principle comes in again here. It was very tasty though.

The staff were friendly and helpful although the service was slow seeing as though we were the only ones there.

I will try Havin again though, perhaps on a busier time when they are expecting crowds and maybe give them a little while longer to get the act together before my final judgement.

Oh, the toilets were very cold!!! The restaurant is welcoming and well appointed though!!!