“best ever !”
Review of Waterford Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Southport
Waterford Hotel
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Just returned from our 2nd visit to this marvelous hotel.
What can I say about it apart from the heading ? This is by far the best hotel we have stayed in in the United Kingdom, and that includes most of the " big name hotels ".
If you are looking for friendly service from the resident owners , excellent food, super clean premises, in a lovely location, then look no further , it is here at the Waterford Hotel, Southport.
Many thanks to Trina & Paul, for making our return visit as excellent as our 1st visit. Hope to see you both again.

Room Tip: ask for the lake view rooms , they are wonderful
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ourmillie_11

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Just spent an amazing week- end at this beautiful hotel. This was our first stay but will definitely not be our last. Trina and Paul are first class hosts they make you feel so welcome. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the breakfasts are to die for. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarolEngland
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I made my first visit to Southport recently, and on the suggestion of friends, stayed overnight at the Waterford Hotel. My only disappointment was that my schedule did not permit me to stay longer! Trina and Paul were so very welcoming and made me feel completely at home. Both the public space and the room itself were beautiful, and not a single detail was overlooked. First-class accommodations and breakfast in every way. I will be back!

Room Tip: The room facing the water with a double bed was spectacular.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I had to visit Southport for business in April. Based on TripAdvisor reviews, I chose the Waterford. I was not disappointed, in fact it was better than advertised. From the warm welcome personally from Trina and Paul to the fresh, clean, large room and bathroom, the Waterford was first-class in every detail. And the breakfast was the best I had in England.

I highly recommend the Waterford.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1 which had an extremely comfortable king bed, nice sitting area, large bathroom wi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We have stayed at the Waterford Hotel for the last 10 years for our annual golf and Aintree racing trip. All the rooms are first class and the breakfast is equal to any 5 star hotel. Paul & Trina are the perfect hosts. We have booked 3 rooms again for next year.

Bob B.

Room Tip: Lake View Rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Robert B
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have stayed at the Waterford, with a group of friends,for the last ten years or so during our annual outing to Southport .Some things have stayed the same-- Paul and Trina remain perfect hosts-- the cleanliness and presentation of all the rooms remains first class--the breakfast remains the best I have had in any hotel but what has pleased and impressed me the most is that they have continually upgraded the facilities and each returning year I look forward to seeing the latest improvements. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for friendly, clean and comfortable accommodation in Southport-- but please leave room for me and my friends on our return next year

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Anthony K
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We spent 3 days at the Waterford earlier this month (October 2013). We were most impressed and would come again. Paul was very welcoming and we appreciated the cup of tea in the little sun lounge overlooking the lake. Our room was both spacious and comfortable with a lovely kingsize bed. The breakfast was delicious and beautifully presented. Both Paul and his wife were friendly and helpful throughout our visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms in this hotel are good. With my brother, his wife and son staying as well we saw three...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple