“Still a fan after over twenty years!”
Review of Mama Mia

Mama Mia
Ranked #48 of 357 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southport
“Still a fan after over twenty years!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I first visited Mamma Mia when I was in my teens, in fact it was my ever meal out without my family! I will never forget .. I had shrimps in garlic followed by Chicken Cacciatore!

I've been in only a few times in the intervening years for no other reason than the sheer expanse of choice we have here in Southport.

My friend and colleague moved offices to a mere hobble from their front door .. Needless to say, we have taken that journey a number of times in the last few months and enjoyed some really fun and delicious lunches.

Easily in and out within an hour, the food has always been lovely. Today I opted to have a starter as a main course (pâté) with garlic pizza bread with tomato as well ... Erm, yum! My friend always has pasta and was happy again with her choice of carbonara today.

The food is good, but the thing that sets this place apart is the service. Each time we've gone in we've enjoyed fabulous service and today Antonio made us feel like old pals.

Nom!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank SunshineSukie

Southport, United Kingdom
“great food, great service”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

visited on a busy saturday, service was quick and friendly and all the food was fantastic at reasonable prices. Will definitely return.

• Visited June 2012
“Best pizza's and pasta in Southport!!!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic meal with a very attentive hostess, my calzone was the best ever. Will definately be back x

1 Thank Yecart72
Southport, United Kingdom
“Lovely warm & friendly atmosphere.”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We normally go as a family, the staff are great, the food is beautifully cooked & a great range of dishes to suit all. Have been going for years & will continue to.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Dee123359
Tarleton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal...”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We went early evening with the kids and the staff were brilliant. The restaurant was full of families which was nice. The food was excellent and the staff attentive, especially with the kids. This was our second visit and we will go again soon. A real Italian restaurant and not a franchise - says it all.

• Visited June 2012