“A fabulous experience”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Preston, United Kingdom
“A fabulous experience”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a first class restaurant that should be on the main road of Southport, not hidden down a side street. The food the service and the overall experience are first class. I am reluctant to say more as I want to be able to get a table when I next book. Try it you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank David P

HeskinLancashire
“Superb”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I "tried" this place to see what Polish food was like. It was similar enough to English food, but different enough to be interesting. My wife had the Hunters stew and a delicious raviolli type main course which was out standing.I had the same starter and a superb chicken with garlic butter which was equally delicious
We had a very warm welcome from the delightful owner and the service was efficient and friendly. Great selection of drinks was available and we had vodka to finish the meal which was potent.I had apple juice with my vodka which was really delicious. I made the vodka taste like apple crumble with a kick. Luckily I wasn't driving.
We will happily return as the food was tasty and good value.Gdansk town looks a very interesting place to visit and thanks to the enthusiasm of the owner, we hope to visit next year.

2 Thank RogeRowlandson
England
“Fantastic food and excellent service”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have never tried Polish food before and was not quite sure what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was really delicious and the restaurant owner was really attentive and pleasant.

For a starter, I tried the Hunter's Stew, which was not at all how I expected it to be. It was beautifully presented and tasted lovely. I then followed it with the Potato Pancake Beef Goulash which was beautiful. My dining companion had the Garlic Mushroom on Toast starter, which again was beautifully presented and tasted delicious. My companion's Pork Schnitzel main was beautiful.

The meal was followed by a drink of some potent Polish vodka.

I will certainly be returning to the restaurant. The owner was very attentive, friendly and interesting. She was obviously very proud of her country, culture and cuisine and wants to share it with English people. Hopefully, more people will find this restaurant and will experience a warm welcome and will taste delicious food.

1 Thank Yoztravel
Cliviger
“A little cracker”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Went on a shopping trip to Southport on a Saturday afternoon. We found the Gadanska restaurant down a little alley. It looked bright and welcoming with the fairy lights outside. It was only 4pm and we were the only customers, but because there were four of us we thought it would be OK. We were met by a charming young lady who showed us to a table. We have never been to a Polish restaurant before so she kindly explained the menu.
The starters of pate, smoked salmon and garlic mushrooms with little side salads were delicious and so well presented. We were a bit boring with our choice of mains 3 ordering the veil schnitsal (sorry about the spelling) and one goulash. There was a choice of mash,chips, fried potato wedges and rice. All were cooked perfectly and again had nice little side salads.
We complemented the the meal with a very reasonably price bottle of wine.
The waitress then brought a selection of vodka to choose from explaining the different flavors.

Two more customers came. They were Polish and had obviously been before. Obviously there was no atmosphere so soon but it did not detract from the quality of the food nor or enjoyment of the experience.

We would certainly return.

2 Thank mushypeaman
Preston, United Kingdom
“The North West's best kept secret. Why?”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Without doubt one of the best surprises you can experience in culinary delights in Southport.
Excellent food and service. What an experience.

• Visited October 2012