“Fantastic Polish cuisine, great atmosphere and friendly, welcoming staff”
Review of Gdanska Polish Restaurant - CLOSED

Gdanska Polish Restaurant
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Gdanska is my favourite place to dine in Southport. I was delighted with unique atmosphere which I have never found in any other restaurant.

The quality of dishes is excellent and I love the fact that chef prepares everything from fresh ingredients and he surprises with new ideas. The service is very professional and friendly. As far as the ambiance is concerned, the restaurant is very clean, modern, with a lovely panorama of Gdansk city on the walls- once you are there you just don't want to leave.

I really like that there is such a great choice of dishes in the menu. My favourite ones are Polish style Goulash, Polish style Steak topped with grilled tomato and Chicken fillets with vegetables in sweet chili. Polish dumplings and homemade blueberry cake are to die for too!

For me Gdanska means first-class meal at affordable prices and unforgettable experience of Polish cuisine. I can't wait to go there next time!

5  Thank Renata P

Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is my fourth visit to this restauarant. I took a party of 14 in May 2012.
Dont let the side alley put you off is my key message!!!

I had asked for a selction of starters and Poish Soup, Main Course and Dessert and wow!! It was great.

The Beetroot Soup with Ravioli was to die for, and just how I remembered it if not better on my trips to Poland. We then sampled Wild Boar Stew and then Some cold starters along with Perogi, which was a mix of three.
Then a chicken or Pork main course fllwed by Pears in soaked in red wine.

There were also some fantastic Polish beers and vodka. My party were very impressed and we arrived at 7.00pm and left very full at 11.30pm, having had a brilliant time.

We were so impressed we are going to make it a trip to sample Poloish Cuiine every three months now.

Be adventurous and try the food. Polish Food is not all root vegetables and vodka!! Also some English Dishses on the menu or just ask.

I cannot go on about this hidden gem enough. We also left a huge tip as the meal was too cheap!! but 5 star!!

1  Thank Jason C
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Had a lovely meal at Gdanska restaurant - excellent wholesome food - typical Polish cuisine.
Really nice atmosphere - very helpful and friendly staff.
Excellent value - less than £13 for a 3 course meal!

3  Thank wishIcouldretire