“A Little Gem”

Tapper's Cafe
Ranked #89 of 369 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A gorgeous independent cafe serving fabulous homemade food, cake and coffee.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The food is first class and is very convenient to the town centre.
The staff are very friendly and the service is excellent.
Don't go in if you are on a diet as the home made cakes are FAB, well worth a visit for a lazy lunch

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had noticed this beautiful cafe bar from Lord Street and visited for the first-time today for an early lunch with my Mum and what a gem it is. A warm welcome smile as we walked through the door and beautifully decorated and styled inside. A menu choice from early breakfast to little lunches and more substantial with a few 'different' things to catch the eye. It was good to see a good veggie selection with some Quorn made dishes. Our lunches were wonderfully served and just what they needed to be for a light lunch choice and all freshly made. My eye was soon drawn to the wonderful cakes on the counter and it wasn't long before a piece of Lemon Victoria Sponge was heading my way :-) This Cafe Bar is a real hidden gem and it very quickly filled-up and clearly of those 'who-know' about it. We certainly will be going back. It was interesting reflecting on when this shop used to be a classical LP shop as CD's were starting to come onto the market, I think I ordered my first CD from here. Clearly this site has always something special to offer with still, thankfully, it's traditional original frontage.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have been taking my 90 year old parents out for a light lunch every week for several years, usually on the Wirral where they live. For a change we ventured further afield and guided by Trip Advisor we chose this place. We were delighted with what is a bright, nicely furnished modern cafe with exceptionally pleasant and attentive staff. Although we only went for the soup/sandwich option we were pleased to find delicious home made tomato soup, fresh granary bread and the fillings were varied with some novel twists.The serving staff were more than happy to cater for my my parents' food fads with amendments to the set menu. It was the first time that my parents, who have notoriously small appetites, have left clean plates and and after excellent lattes pronounced the whole experience 'the best yet'.
We shall certainly return soon.

1  Thank Peter66777
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I don't usually leave reviews however was took here today by my daughter when visiting Southport. The staff were great and very happy to make slight changes to my order to fit in with a well known slimming diet I follow. The food was amazing and couldn't get any fresher. My daughter ordered a salad and both were generous portions. I have my favourite cafe in liverpool and I definitely now have my favourite in southport too. I will make sure I make this a regular visit with my daughter.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Went here on a wet and windy weekend in February. Food was really good and all freshly made to order. Some nice unusual things on the menu too. Would love to have a place like this myself.