“An enjoyable night was had by all”
Review of Bella Italia - Southport - CLOSED

Bella Italia - Southport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We went here for a meal with another couple on a sunday night in november and it was great. The food was lovely, the decoration was nice and the staff were really really friendly and helpfull. We will definitely visit this place again, it was the credit to all the staff.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

From the minute you walk in the experiance is memorable. You can see the chef cooking in the kitchen and know its all fresh. Starter of antipasto for me was like being back in Florence. Mushroom Alfredo for the better half was to die for. Main of calzone, fluffy and fresh filled with beef cooked in red wine was different in a nice way. Finishing the night with a 'godfather' dessert for her and an expresso plus limoncello for me rounded an excellent experiance.
I will be back.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Staying overnight at the Premier Inn. Didn't like what I saw in the adjoining pub/restaurant and decided to try Bella Italia.

I had a starter and main course. Both were excellent. The staff were very attentive too.

I'd happily return for another meal.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I went to the cinema this afternoon, movie finished at seven so we went to Bella Pasta for dinner. We've been a few times before and have never been disappointed.

Yes, it's a branded restaurant but it has a lovely homely atmosphere -maybe due to the decor, I don't know, but we like it.

My hubby had the meatballs to start, I had mushrooms. We both had calzone with a shared portion of fries. Lovely light pizza dough and a really tasty filling (mine with green chillies at my special request). We chose the ominously named 'Godfather' for our dessert, a large shared sundae. It was ok, but because the brownie at the bottom had been warmed up in the sundae dish, the glass was very warm and a lot of the cream and ice cream had melted ... Just one little niggle.

The service was excellent, Collete was our main server and she was friendly and helpful.

Will be back!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went on our first day in Southport and enjoyed it so much we went back on our last night! The Carne Mista Pizza was amazing and the Lasagne was very tasty. The waiter was very helpful and friendly and we totally enjoyed our visit. Tesco points get you vouchers which can be spent here! It needs to be off the A la Carte menu but makes for a great saving.