2,244 results
All reviews conservatory bar promenade view spa facilities front facing steam room evening meal large hotel bit dated short break sea front buffet style enjoyable stay my mum self service night break lovely room lord street
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2019

Tired old hotel. Could be great again with a lot of money spent on it. Staff friendly and helpful. Food OK. Overall appearance jaded. No air conditioning and windows won’t open. Well situated on the Promenade near the Pier.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
gmroyalclifton, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Southport Seafront Royal Clifton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Dear maggiepaylor,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel,

We are in the process of our refurbishment programme at the hotel having already made a great start to our bedrooms with the plans to then focus on our public areas. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel when the work is complete to show you the improvements we are trying to make to ensure all guests have the best stay possible.

Reviewed May 11, 2019

Very enjoyable stay, even with a wedding reception underway on the night of the stay, we were not disturbed. The Sunday night entertainment in the side lounge was excellent with traditional Irish and Folk songs of the area.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank GrandTour14662761812
gmroyalclifton, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Southport Seafront Royal Clifton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Dear GrandTour14662761812,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

I am delighted to read you had a very enjoyable stay and you also enjoyed the music in our conservatory bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

this dilapidated hulk of a hotel shld preferably be taken over by new enterprising owners to conserve the past but also to concentrate on providing 21stC modcons if such a combination can hopefully be reached

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank cathal m

Dear CathalKillester,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel,

I am sorry to hear you found your stay disappointing. As mentioned in other reviews we are currently in the process of our refurbishment programme having already completed 80 out of our 120 bedrooms. Once our bedrooms are completed we then plan to focus on the public areas of the hotel. I do hope we can welcome you back in the future once the refurbishments are complete so we can show you the improvements we are trying to make to ensure all guests have the best stay possible.

Reviewed May 8, 2019

This hotel is very sad, you can see that the hotel and building was at one time luxurious and beautiful.............
Main hotel and the rooms are badly maintained and grubby, stains on walls and carpets.the staff are just ok, but they need training.
It needs a complete refurbishment or demolish and completely rebuilt. We where charged £135 for B&B it should be £30 or less for the quality.
I will not go there again until it's under gone major clean up and refurbished through out

Room tip: It's a sad place it will depress you
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Bloorz
gmroyalclifton, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Southport Seafront Royal Clifton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear Bloorz,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel,

I am sorry to read your comments. Please be assured it is never our intention for guests to leave the hotel unhappy with their stay.

We are in the process of our refurbishment programme having already made a good start to our bedrooms with the plans to have all bedrooms completed in the near future which will then allow us to work on our plans for the public areas.

I was shocked to read your comments with regards to the team. As you can see from nearly every review we receive on trip advisor and social media no matter the nature of the feedback it is always very complimentary of the staff so I do apologise that we weren't able to show you what the majority of our others guests experience when staying with us.

I do hope we can welcome you back again in the future so we can have a chance of restoring your faith in The Royal Clifton Hotel & Spa

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

I booked a junior suite for myself and my partner, after seeing the pictures of the room I booked showed a four poster bed, corner spa bath etc. The room I was faced with was like a student's bedsit. A basic bathroom, a dated old bedroom with no TV and a horribly uncomfortable bed.. and a lounge with a cheap fake leather sofa and a tiny TV. Cannot believe I paid £150 for that. Myself and my partner ended up going home at about 8pm. Ai disappointed, will not be visiting again.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank SexyBevTonyBrook1971

Dear SexyBevTonyBrook1971,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review from your recent stay,

I am truly sorry to read your comments. I would be grateful if you can email us directly customerservices@royalclifton.co.uk so we can gain a wider understanding of the problems you had during your stay so we can try and resolve the matter.