Best Western Southport Seafront Royal Clifton Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed February 16, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Andrea B, General Manager at Best Western Southport Seafront Royal Clifton Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,735)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Me and my partner stayed on valentines day night as I break, although we didn't eat or use the bars and restaurants at the hotel, I would like to say the room was excellent, clean and cosy.the bed was so comfy and I found the staff very friendly and helpful.me and my partner are hoping for another chance to come and have a romantic break very soon, pending babysitters.x

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have some fabulous Family rooms if you decide to bring your children on your next visit, we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Booked this hotel for a two night stay to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Upon arrival, loads of parking space and very friendly staff. The hotel has an old world charm about it with high ceilings and tons of space. I love the feeling it gives. We had room 120 on first floor with a view to the front of the hotel. The room was well equipped. Got to say the peach bathroom suite was rather dated but was clean and very serviceable. Plenty of hot water in a decent shower over bath.
The room had a small seating area with separate tv, tea and coffee as you might expect and a very comfortable double bed. If you're used to a king size it might feel a squeeze though.
Breakfast fine, plenty of choice and not over crowded. Leisure facilities used, gym, pool etc..... just fine. Nice and clean....just the job.
Alcohol prices good in conservatory bar. All staff very helpful and competent.
The hotel is well placed forgetting into town, restaurants and bars all at hand, even Morrisons close by.
All in all a very relaxing stay in a grand old hotel.

Room Tip: Was quiet when we stayed so difficult to say.
1  Thank Bluebrutus1

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Royal Clifton Hotel I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found it relaxing, I will certainly pass on your lovely compliments to the team and I do hope that you are able to come back and visit again very soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Arguably the noisiest hotel in the world. The floorboards throughout the hotel are an absolute joke. I really can't express how noisy they are.

It's an extremely old fashioned and dated hotel, however it is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful.

For the pirce, it's reasonable, just don't expect a good night's sleep.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your recent review of the Royal Clifton Hotel. I am sorry that your sleep was disturbed I can assure you that if the staff were made aware of this they would have moved you immediately. The hotel does date back to 1800 and is full of character and the odd squeaky floor board and I am very sorry if this kept you awake. I am pleased that you found the staff helpful and I will pass on your compliments to them. Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

just used our Tesco coupons on a three night stay at this hotel. the first night we were very hot, and the tv in our room wasn't the best. we mentioned this at reception and they immediately offered to changed our room. nothing seemed to be too much trouble and we found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. we found it to be warm ,clean, good food, lovely pool etc area. we certainly wound stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Thank you for your recent review, I was delighted to read that reception ensured that you stay was as comfortable as possible and I will certainly pass on your compliments to the team, we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Had a great weekend at the Royal Clifton with my good friend Pat. The weather could have been better but the quality of the hotel stay was excellent. Large clean well maintained room, lovely leisure centre & fabulous food

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Teresa G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back again very soon

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Overpriced for a poor quality experience. The noise in the corridors was excessive at night and the quality of breakfast was dreadful. Due to popularity of resort it is obvious the hotel does not need to keep high standards. Suggest using another hotel if you go to southport

2  Thank William P

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I was very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us and you feel that our standards are not high. I can assure you that we do have many compliments regarding the team at the Royal Clifton who strive to ensure that guests enjoy their stay with us. I would be very happy to hear any further comments that you would like to share with me regarding your visit if you would like to email me andreab@royalclifton.co.uk I would be more than happy to discuss this further.