We stayed at this hotel in early October for our 45th wedding anniversary. Booking in was quick and easy and we were in our room within 5 or 6 minutes of arriving.
The room. Adequate, just big enough, but no window, and the temperature in the room was almost unbearable. There was a air-con unit on the wall and we quickly put it on.....on full. when we came back to the room some three hours later the temp had hardly fallen. Not comfortable.
The temp in the lounge was also very high.
Other than this, the hotel was fine. The breakfasts were excellant. Very tasty fare. The bar prices were very reasonable for a hotel chain.
Would recommend, but leave your woolies at home
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince of Wales Hotel in Southport is a beautiful reminder of our Victorian Heritage, an elegant building with landscaped gardens. Throughout the reception, lounge area and bedrooms, the decoration has been kept in keeping with the elegant and stylish character of the building. All 154 en-suite bedrooms of the Prince of Wales hotel have been tastefully designed to preserve the Victorian style of this Southport hotel. Many of the rooms overlook Lord Street, the main shopping and entertainment area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Prince of Wales - Southport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Prince Of Wales-Southport Hotel Southport
- Hotel Prince Southport Wales
- Southport Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Southport
- Britannia Prince Of Wales - Southport England