We have just returned from a three night stay at The Prince of Wales. We are seasoned guests of Britannia Hotelsalthough this was the first time we had stayed at this one.
We got a tremendous deal via the Britannia website and being a true believer that you get what you pay for we were not expecting a luxury stay! When I booked I requested a room with WiFi and if possible a front view. When we arrived I was advised that WiFi wasn't available in the rooms but it was in the lobby. This didn't bother me as I am quite capable of using my laptop in the lobby whilst having a drink form the bar. We were given the key to our room which was on the second floor at the front of the hotel. Up we went to find that we had in fact been allocated a suite which was enormous! Separate living room, bedroom with two doubles and a bathroom. We were thrilled but even more so when I checked my laptop and found that I could infact access the hotels WiFi from two floors up! All this for £40 a night for the room, bed and breakfast for both myself and my husband.
Ok the hotel could do with a little updating but if you want sterile surroundings and rooms that look exactly the same then maybe a Travellodge or Premier Inn is for you. We actually enjoy the character of these old hotels.
Service was great - nothing was too much trouble. We bought a Saverway Travel Ticket which gets you around Merseyside by train, bus or Mersey Ferry. We had a fab day out - to Liverpool, New Brighton and on the ferry!
All in all a very enjoyable stay and we will certainly be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince of Wales Hotel in Southport is a beautiful reminder of our Victorian Heritage, an elegant building with landscaped gardens. Throughout the reception, lounge area and bedrooms, the decoration has been kept in keeping with the elegant and stylish character of the building. All 154 en-suite bedrooms of the Prince of Wales hotel have been tastefully designed to preserve the Victorian style of this Southport hotel. Many of the rooms overlook Lord Street, the main shopping and entertainment area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Britannia Prince of Wales - Southport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Prince Of Wales-Southport Hotel Southport
- Hotel Prince Southport Wales
- Southport Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Southport
- Britannia Prince Of Wales - Southport England