“Lovely stay!”

The Stamford Guest House
The Stamford Guest House
Ranked #22 of 41 Southport B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2013

A lovely modern B&B with excellent location very close to the pier and just off of the high street. Wonderful family run place and very helpful and accommodating. Breakfasts was just right and very tasty. Ticked all of our boxes for a great stay. Would defiantly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for The Stamford Guest House

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here last week for 4 nights with our 17 month old girl and it was perfect for us. We arrived quite late on the Monday but we were greeted by the owner's son who gave us our key and showed us to our room. The room was a good size for the 3 of us and they'd set up a travel cot in the room for the wee one. The room was very tastefully decorated (as was the whole place) and the bed was comfortable. There was a large TV on the wall, which came in handy for relaxing with a glass of wine at night. My only slight grumble was that there wasn't a bath in the room, which made bathing our wee one tricky (she hates the shower!!) but I was kind of expecting there only to be a shower anyway so it wasn't a big deal. I have to give a special mention to the cooked breakfasts as they were superb! I ended up having one every morning, which I wouldn't normally do. But they were cooked to perfection every time. They also cooked eggs specially for our wee one. The family of staff were very nice and helpful while being respectful of our privacy. They did everything they could to allow us to make sure our daughter had everything she needed. The location of the B&B was perfect, within walking distance of Pleasureland, Lord Street, the train station, the promenade and the pier. I'd highly recommend this accommodation to anyone visiting Southport.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went to southport for an overnight stay, booked two rooms at the Stamford, a double for my husband and myself and a twin for my mum and my daughter, rooms were really modern, spotlessly clean and ensuite bathrooms really nice too. Freshly cooked breakfast, cereal juice, tea, coffee all included in the price, really delicious.
The location is great just a short stroll onto lord street for all the shops, and nice eating places and also in the other direction really close to the prom and amusements. All in all a really nice friendly place, will defiantly return.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Due to a family emergency we could only stay one night here. During our stay we were asked to meet and greet other guests and give out keys and we had to ask another guest for info re wifi. Which didnt work in out room anyway. The house was empty most of the time with no contact number given for emergencies. As we had to leave early and due to being inconvenienced we offered a half payment for the second night. After threatening to take the difference out of staff wages this was agreed with the owner. My husband called to make the half payment and in good faith gave his card details over the phone. A few days later his bank statement arrives showing a full payment for the room. I called the owner to dispute and was shouted at and told we were thieves! I was absolutely disgusted and very angry. They confirmed one amount over the phone and fraudulently took double. Very dishonest and utterly unacceptable. The attitude of the owner leaves a lot to be desired. Shame as the location is good, so good there are plenty of other options that I am sure operate a far superior service, it cannot be hard to beat these!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Rmarie5
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a great place to stay it is spotlessly clean . Mark and Eileen make you feel very welcome and nothing is to much trouble and the breakfast is freshly cooked and is lovely.. It is in a very good location close to all the shops. I would highly recommend The Stamford to anyone see you in July ......

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Excellent clean hotel with a very friendly host. This is our second year here and will be back next year for our conference. freshly cooked breakfasts with a choice. nothing was too much for Mark. Close to conference centre and all the amenities.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hi my husband, myself, sister and brother-in-law are just back from a two night stay at the Stampford. We cannot praise this establishment enough. Mark and his wife and all the staff are so very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent and nothing was too much bother. The Hotel itself is spotlessly clean and very tastfully decorated. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and will be back, hopefully very soon. This is a small hotel but you get 5* treatment accommpanied by a very personnel touch. FANTASTIC is all we can say.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends