“Birthday weekend away”

The Stamford Guest House
The Stamford Guest House
Ranked #22 of 41 Southport B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We Stayed at the Stamford in Febuary 2012 for my husbands birthday, we booked 3 rooms and we were all surprised at how nice they was, very clean and nice decor, the couple who run the guest house bent over backwards to make you feel welcome and even recommended a lovely restaurant for us to eat at, the breakfast in the morning was very well cooked, will defientley be returning

Room Tip: They know the area very well and were very helpful in recommending bars and restaurants
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Stamford Guest House

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We arrived a few hours late due to train issues, only to find that no one was in!! I called the hotel, and Mark told me that he had tried to call me, but the number didnt work ( my fault) and he returned to the property within 10 minutes. True to his word, I checked my emails and he had also contacted me via this - good communication.
Located just a few hundred yards from both the pier and Lord Street ( the main street for cafes, bars etc) the guesthouse is perfectly situated.
On the first night we were told that there was an issue with the heating, and that it wasnt getting up to temperature. Mark told us that a plumber would be visiting in the morning, and offered us his apologies. As it happens the building was more than warm enough
.Booking in process was very quick, and we were soon showed to our room. Reasonably sized and well decorated, we had been upgraded from a double deluxe,to a family room which had a double and single bed in. The room was very clean, and the shower room a reasonable size too. Plenty of hot water a good strong shower.Tea, coffee, and kettle are provided, and there is plenty of storage room with a large wardrobe and chest of drawers.
The bed was very comfortable, with Egyptian cotton bedding. The guesthouse itself is very quiet at night, ensuring a good nights sleep.
Breakfast was served between 8:15 and 9:15 ( i've stayed in b&b's before where it was so early it wasnt worth going to sleep) Full english was lovely, with the perfect portion.

Room was cleaned and bed made each day, and although I didnt actually see the staff cleaning during my stay the building remained immaculate throughout.

I'm a creature of habit, and will definitely be staying at The Stamford in future.Can't fault it!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Stamford for a couple of nights in January. We usually stay at The Vincent or Ramada but needed to be frugal following Christmas so opted for The Stamford instead following the positive reviews on Tripadvisor combined with an excellent B&B rate. The hotel is really well located just a 2 min walk from Lord Street and the Promenade. Eileen and Mark are really friendly as was their son who checked us in. We stayed in room 6; a spacious double at the rear of the property. It was well appointed, the bed was really comfortable and the room and bathroom were very clean and tidy; ticking all the boxes. Breakfast is full English (or any variant i.e poached eggs on toast etc.). What struck me the most was how peaceful it was. Usually when staying in a hotel I am woken by people walking along the corridor late at night or early morning deciding to have a loud conversation! It was so nice to stay somewhere like this which had none of this. I will definitely recommend and now favour The Stamford over the larger hotels. The service is more personable and friendly, the rooms are comparable, it was quiet, breakfast is included and the room rate is less! A great find.

Room Tip: Room 6 was really nice although I didn't look at any of the others!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NMD37
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I spent the weekend here (friday - Sunday) with my partner and young son. The owners Eileen and Mark where extremely friendly and welcoming. On arrival they showed us to our room. If you want anything then just ask as they will accomadate any requests if they possibly can. Our room was very clean and bright. The living room area and dining area where again very clean. Breakfast well all I can say is fantastic with as much tea/coffee as you can drink. This went down very well with myself.

I will stay here again as the hotel is located in a central position for all amenities. Thank you for a lovely stay at your hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We had a friends wedding in Southport, myself, my husband and my brother-in-law stayed at the Stamford. We loved it and wished we could stay longer. Eileen and Mark and their children and very warm and welcoming. Breakfast was yummy and a real treat to look forward to in the morning. The place is decorated very well, it is clean and cosy. If we return Southport we would defo stay here without a doubt.
Thank you for a comfortable and wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Spent three nights here on business. When I arrived, Mark and Eileen, the owners, already knew my name and were so warm and friendly. I was shown to my room, and found it to be very comfortable, clean and well presented.

Breakfast each day was superb, a wide choice, from beans on toast to a full English and gallons of tea, the perfect start to a day of work.

It's in a great location if you're using the Southport Convention Centre, with a lovely little pub (The Victoria) not far away.

If I ever need accomodation in Southport again, I will be back!

Room Tip: Any, none of my party had a problem with their room at all.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Had a great weekend in Southport staying at the Stamford , rooms were lovely and clean the breakfast was gorgeous the owners Mark and Eileen were lovely as were the staff ,I would highly recommend staying here .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple