“Amazing day!”
Review of Portland Hall Spa

Portland Hall Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Portland Hall Spa is a Moroccan themed day spa offering peace, quiet, relaxation, and exceptional customer service.You'll find warmth, cosiness, and quirkiness in the unique, fabulous surroundings of an old Synagogue in the town centre of Southport, Merseyside,NW England.The spa offers massage,facial,body treatments and food. Pamper packages last a few hours or a whole day. Spa breaks are available with the Ramada Hotel. Perfect for couples, friends, and singles.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing day!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have just returned from Portland Hall Spa,and the service and staff were absolutely excellent. Especially the girls on reception and the manager, who really made us feel at home. The treatments we were give were exceptional and I would highly recommend them, particularly the deep tissue massage. The facilities were high quality especially the spa pool and the food was 5* ,we will definitely be returning in the near future!.Many thanks again to all the staff for such a fantastic day :)

1 Thank ballerina12

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Such a shame...”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked this spa as a groupon deal (as have so many others by the looks of previous reviews). I tried over 2 days at various times to contact the spa to book, even sent an email with no reply. When I eventually did get hold of some one they were rude and unpleasant. Definitely not interested in the customer only getting as many people through the door as possible. Upgrades ranging from 28.50 pp to 49.
50 (on top of the 55.00 id already paid) were rammed down my neck in order to have (and I quote) ' a nice day'. When I asked would I not have a nice day if I didnt pay for an upgrade, I was told to get a refund through groupon if I wasnt happy. Complete lack of customer service.. needless to say I have requested a refund. I dread to think what it would have been like when I got there! Also noticed this place has almost as many terrible reviews as good...something is going very wrong. ..

4 Thank patch90
portlandhallspa, Manager at Portland Hall Spa, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
We apologise to anyone who has had problems booking in with us. The phone has been ringing constantly, to the extent that we have been unable to phone out.

Anyone coming to us with a voucher is more than welcome to book in for the basic voucher purchased. We try to explain that we work very differently to an hotel spa. We only offer private use of the candlelit spa pool or other equipment, which is in addition to any voucher bought from a reseller unless otherwise specified.

With regard to getting a refund from Group On, we were simply trying to explain that that was an option if you weren't entirely happy.
liverpool
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Glad I never paid”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Had 2 different therapist to be fair the first was ok the second one was better think her name was Claire you don't feel pamperd and relaxed like I have in a lot of spas I've been to 'think we've got to resign ourselfs if you buy a groupon you get for what you pay wouldn't go back

1 Thank deniseLiverpool
Salford, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Good but treatment didn't Feel full length”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The place itself looks lovely and the staff were helpful. We're offered drink of lime water on arrival and water with fruit on first treatment. Thought a stronger drink or a hot one would have been nice? Thy hydro therapy wasn't amazing to be fair

The massage was lovely and relaxing and the masseuse very good. Just didn't feel 25 mins at all though..

Needs to have a better food menu I think. Would go again if there was a groupon or something though

1 Thank JemimaLouise
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Like a back street b&b.”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Visited saturday, reception staff need a crash course in customer service skills, (an old lady with blonde hair and the other was in her 30,s with grey hair),the decor drab and dirty, pool smelt like a wet dog and you walked through a big puddle of dirty water to shower. Treatments were different, the blonde haired receptioinist doing massage, not good, going back to check diplomas. A waste of money and time

7 Thank mancjrs