“Robbery!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Portland Hall Spa

Portland Hall Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Portland Hall Spa is a Moroccan themed day spa offering peace, quiet, relaxation, and exceptional customer service.You'll find warmth, cosiness, and quirkiness in the unique, fabulous surroundings of an old Synagogue in the town centre of Southport, Merseyside,NW England.The spa offers massage,facial,body treatments and food. Pamper packages last a few hours or a whole day. Spa breaks are available with the Ramada Hotel. Perfect for couples, friends, and singles.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Robbery!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I haven't been to the spa as yet, but up to now the service has been shocking! Whilst trying to book the phone was put down on me numerous times or was constantly engaged. They also double charged my credit card which I am still trying to get back (10 days later).. I have spoken to the salon numerous times about this and have been fobbed off each time that someone is looking into it and that I would be called back (third day in a row of complaining - no call back!!). I have now had to raise a complaint through my credit card company to hopefully get my money back. It is such a shame as my partner and I were really looking forward to a day of relaxation! Very disappointed...

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Engaged2012

“Sheer Luxury.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

My daughter and I were initially greeted (yesterday) by Sarah, who offered us refreshment and a quiet place to sit and relax. After a short while we were taken upstairs given fresh robes and slippers, then into the razul treatment area. Inside were different muds for each area of the body. The lights dimmed and twinkling stars appeared.All too soon the light came on and we were showered automatically to remove the treatments. Lunch was next, soup & roll with a glass of decent wine, home made cheesecake and coffee. Then time to relax ( not hurried). I was then given time in the hair dressing salon to shampoo and dry my hair at no extra cost. The building is beautiful full of character and charm. Lead lighted windows and wood panelling which appeal to me but some may prefer the characterless black and white clean line effect. Yes work is being done on the car park but we had no problem, neither did the other clients who incidentally were enjoying their experiences too. Take it from someone who appreciates the niceties of life I can fully recommend it. Thanks to all at Portland Hall Spa.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Chill time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We visited the Portland spa yesterday (Sunday), we had previously pre-booked as we had a living social voucher. All staff very pleasant, and couldn't do enough for us. Jeannie, was doing my treatments, the facial was particular good, what was nice myself & my friend were together for our treatments. The staff did not rush us, allowed us to relax in the lounge area after lunch. We had the nachos, bread with dipping sauce to share for lunch & it was to die for. We enquired if someone could show us the pool area, and explain other treatments this was done with no hesitation. Certainly somewhere we will be returning to. Only criticism, we had to ask for glasses of water, water machine for people to access would be a good idea, in public areas, lounge or reception area.

Visited March 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such a shame”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went to the spa recently for my birthday and the building itself is fantastic. The reception staff are very helpful and go out of their way to help you, it's just a shame the therapists dont share the same passion for their job. Our treatments were rushed and unprofessional. We spoke to the manager Kayleigh about our problems and her customer service was next to non.The buffet lunch was nice and the spa pool is definately worth the upgrade. It has so much potential with the right therapists and managers. I would visit again in a few months to see if changes have been made to something that could be wonderful.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jane B
Formby
“Chilled out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I took my wife for a treat and opted for the Razul & Hot Stone massage. Having never experienced a razul before, the staff were very helpful in explaining how it worked and the sequence of the treatments. When we finshed in the razul (great fun!) we found a lovely jug of fresh fruit cocktail and fruit 'kebabs' waiting for us - a very nice touch. The hot stone massage was excellent and left us feeling chilled and relaxed. At no time did we feel rushed and nor did we feel that we had too long to wait between treatments. After we finished the massage session we were directed to the lounge where we finished the last of our cocktail in a lovely calm setting.
It surprised me to read the negative reviews as we had an excellent time and the offer we took advantage of was great value.

Visited February 2013