“lovely decor, great food, get the heating turned up!”
Review of Roberto's

Roberto's
Ranked #98 of 368 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant serving Italian food in addition to Burgers, Steaks, Fish etc. Our restaurant has been on Ocean Plaza for over twelve years, and we pride ourselves on being able to compete with the 'big boys' on this Branded-Commercial Leisure Site. Obviously sometimes this can bring it's issues - such as customers expecting fast food - we can never compete with the brands on speed as our food is not pre-packaged and frozen! Ocean Plaza offers free parking for customers and is home to an impressive multi-screen Vue Cinema, a 20 Lane Bowling Alley with Laser experience, a DW state of the art Fitness Club and a 95 bedroom Premier Travel Inn - which faces our restaurant.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were worried as there did not seem to be many people in the restaurant, but when we walked in there was a nice welcome from staff and the place is nicely set out. We have small children and were worried about disturbing people, but once we were in and settled the atmosphere was good. The menu is good, I had a great pasta and my husband enjoyed his pizza. Free kids meals on the Sunday we visited, the children really enjoyed theirs. If you are passing give it a go. May not be as busy as the chains near by, but the food is much better!

1  Thank Ali1234567890

Thank you so very much for that! We do try hard to please :) L

Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's a good place to eat before you got to the cinema we had pizza and it was very good ....... The children were looked after as well ...........

1  Thank Pauline M
Lesley Y, Owner at Roberto's, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you so very much, it's lovely to read that are efforts pay off :) L

Reviewed April 4, 2013

went here for lunch with my daughter and two friends always walk past never go in but we did this time and we were greated warmly by the manager who seated us to are table, provided a colouring menu and colours for my daughter nice touch. took 5 minutes for are drinks order to be taken but another 20minutes to receive our drinks order. yep its easter holidays but there were only five tables in, i understand one staff member doing drinks other taking orders but 20minutes just for drinks and how you supposed to drink a pot of tea with no cup? it was sorted when pointed out. i ordered a salad for myself of the lunch menu £4.95 nice, my friend ordered a tuna cheese pannini it greeted her with a very charcoal top and bottom and the cheese not melted? my other friend had a tuna jacket potato which she said the potato was cold shame as my daughter and i really enjoyed are dishes. no one came over to check if we wanted black pepper or if everything was ok. if that had happened i would of pointed out the faults immediately but as it took so long to get to us we were very hungry and choose not to say anything as if the offer came to replace how long would we have to wait again? i noticed the table infront of us had a problem of ordering side fries but didnt receive til after the guest had eaten. we asked for the bill as we had had enough another 10 minutes later a young waitress approached us with are bill and a loyalty card stamped i replied with sorry pass that to someone else as we wont be dining here again and told her why she apologised and then the manager came over he was unterstanding but he did say if we were to have told him he would of fixed it but (if you came over to check your guest then maybe we would have) any way he did give me a full loyalty card for a free main for next visit but please don't be offended when i say i won't be returning as sometimes first impressions are everything and i wasn't pleased. on a happy note my daughter did enjoy her pasta and the colouring menus so thankyou for that

1  Thank denton19866
Lesley Y, Owner at Roberto's, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions, these are being looked into

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I've been to Roberto's a few times now and each time I have been happy each time.

It's a nice setting and is family friendly too. The service was good and the staff/owners are very friendly.

1  Thank AdamSaint99

Thank you so much, your feedback is very much appreciated :0 L

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have often walk pass Roberto's and wondered why it was so much quiter then the other restaurants on the plaza. Now we know why. They have an offer on at the minute where kids eat free so we thought ,why not, lets give it a try and see what is like.
The place is a mixture of wooden table and chairs with half booths at the back and an open kitchen so you can see the chefs at work. The place has a typical Italitan feel and is presented reasonably well enough and we found the staff friendly enough too, although they where slow to take our food order. The food however, was not good at all. The cheese on our pizzas was bland and tasteless and the calzone I was served was most proberly the worst cazone I've ever had. It arrived burnt around the edges, dry sauce on top and with bland and tasteless cheese inside. My sons spaghetti bolegnese was again tasteless and bland with no offer from the waiter of Parmesan cheese or black pepper. I can confidently say we not be going back.

3  Thank Cavemanspaceman
Lesley Y, Manager at Roberto's, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

?????? !! All the same, Thank You for your feedback!