“Nice meal on a bank holiday weekend”
Review of Casa Italia

Casa Italia
Ranked #71 of 381 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Just come back from Casa italia southport,we went without prior booking,when we got there,we didn't need to worry,there was only 4 tables taken,so we went straight in,and what a surprise we had,we started with crusty bread and oils,then I had garlic prawns,when it came.....it was a big bowl,and cooked beautifully ,my partner ordered the goats cheese with salad. And she enjoyed it as well.for my main course,I ordered pasta with Italian sausage,really tasty,and I finished off with trifle,I must admit,it was a very nice meal and not to bad a price for what we had,£47.00,think we will pay a visit again very soon,thanks Casa Italia

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Came here on bank holiday Monday and sat outside in the sunshine, with a bottle of peroni and shared a lovely antipasti with my fiance, very polite owner, will be going to dine here very soon, as i throughly enjoyed the meats, salad, cheese and olives accompanied with a slice of garlic bread :)

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

from moment got there made welcome food wonderful. asked all time if everything ok reviews of poor dont take notice make own mind up we did and loved it

1  Thank Teresa W
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Dined here one night but found ourselves eating in an empty restaurant! After we ordered the other couples that were in had finished eating. Would have been a much more pleasant environment otherwise. Saying that, the next night we walked past and it was full so just one of those things I think. The place itself won't be decorated to everyone's taste but we loved it, much prefer old and traditional style italian restaurants to the slick and minimalist modern ones.the food was good, nothing wrong as such but nothing out of this world. We both ordered pizza and were a little underwhelmed with these, they looked a bit too uniform to have been made fresh and the toppings were all diced which made me feel like I was having a kids pizza. Our starters were much better. The wine we thought was overpriced for the basic house white and it tasted cheap, definitely not worth £15. There was one waiter on and he was pleasant and atentive so no problems there. Would recommend for lunch most definitely, for dinner avoid the wine and pizza.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I have been coming here for the last 12 years. We've always had good freshly prepared food complimented by attentive service. We find prices very competitive and would recommend Casa Italia to any lovers of Italian food.