“Nice place but food average”
Review of Casa Italia

Casa Italia
Ranked #62 of 357 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Nice place but food average”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Dined here one night but found ourselves eating in an empty restaurant! After we ordered the other couples that were in had finished eating. Would have been a much more pleasant environment otherwise. Saying that, the next night we walked past and it was full so just one of those things I think. The place itself won't be decorated to everyone's taste but we loved it, much prefer old and traditional style italian restaurants to the slick and minimalist modern ones.the food was good, nothing wrong as such but nothing out of this world. We both ordered pizza and were a little underwhelmed with these, they looked a bit too uniform to have been made fresh and the toppings were all diced which made me feel like I was having a kids pizza. Our starters were much better. The wine we thought was overpriced for the basic house white and it tasted cheap, definitely not worth £15. There was one waiter on and he was pleasant and atentive so no problems there. Would recommend for lunch most definitely, for dinner avoid the wine and pizza.

Warrington, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere with tasty food.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I have been coming here for the last 12 years. We've always had good freshly prepared food complimented by attentive service. We find prices very competitive and would recommend Casa Italia to any lovers of Italian food.

Andover, United Kingdom
“Lunch at Casa Italia”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

my friend and i had lunch here as it had been recommended to us and we chose a pork dish with rice for the main course it was good, nothing special but the desserts were definitley special, my friend chose panacotta which she very much enjoyed and I chose Sticky toffee pudding a dessert I have never tried because I have an aversion to dates but I was assured they make it without dates here. I cant remember when i last had such a delicious dessert I could have happily had two helpings!! so I would definitley recommend this restaurant for a meal, the service was good and we felt it had a pleasant atmosphere.

1 Thank Janet019
Galashiels, United Kingdom
“Very nice again”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Second visit to Southport and a second visit to Casa Italia.

Didn't book but got a table without problem. Staff were helpful and the ambience is pretty good.

We gave the starters a miss to leave room for sweets. Kids had pizzas and adults had pastas, all of which were very nice. My lasagne was really good.

Sweets were also good.

Would consider again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Hawklord_pxr5
London, United Kingdom
“Quite nice food but poor service”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The food was pretty good but we were unsure wether it had been pre-prepared and then warmed up as it didnt seem like it had been freshly cooked.
The major downside was the service of a young waitress with black hair, We were quite full after our starter so asked if we could delay our main course for a few minutes. She totally ignored this request and brought our main courses straight away,when I asked her again about it she said the chef had said no !
Also, if you want authentic italian this is not the place. Not an Italian in sight and they play English pop songs inside !
Also, as per other reviews the wine list you read is not the wine you get, you order a wine with a certain explanation and % proof and they bring you a "similar one " .

• Visited March 2013