Cannot fault our room on fifth floor with view of sea and marina - would stay again in Room 516 although quite a walk to the lifts which were constantly busy .This room was quiet , spacious and very clean .Well stocked with nice toiletries and hair dryer . Milk stored in the fridge and a generous selection of tea and coffee. T.V channels quite limited ,was slightly reduced freeview range.
Didn't venture across the road to swimming pool -walked past the venue and noticed it was quite an old shabby building , but gym on 2nd floor of this hotel had enough machines for a good work out and the room has T.V and cold water machine.
Meals ... buffet breakfast was excellent with everything you could imagine , staff polite and attentive. Dinner was lovely but a bit of a wait to be served and 10 mins wait between courses , although muttered there was a different chef -whoever prepared and cooked ours = full marks.
Now my moans which I suppose is more constructive criticism.
Reception staff were very very polite and nothing was too much trouble but there was a constant queue so could have done with more of them . These lovely people were over worked.
The inconsistent pricing -. If you note a recent review where a guest paid £40 half board - well I was puzzled. We paid £128 , and a couple who also stayed on the Sat evening that we chatted to paid about £40 more than us , so on that note we are hoping for a friendly e-mail with a discount to entice us back as we were not the only guests to be a bit annoyed at the pricing system....yes it was Easter but we felt like we were cushioning somebodies bargain break.
However .....a really nice stay , fantastic bunch of staff . This hotel is very well run.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Hotel Southport is a four star hotel, perfectly situated alongside the beautiful Marine Lake, central to all Southport has to offer. All rooms offer fantastic views, whether this is across the sandy beaches to Blackpool or over the Marine Lake Bridge to Southport's ocean plaza, all equally stunning. The hotel is within easy reach to some popular world class golf courses including Royal Birkdale and Royal Lytham. Just a short walk from Lord Street, lined with shops, boutiques and wine bars. Underground parking is available and our helpful concierge will be waiting to greet you with a smile. All rooms have high speed internet, king size beds and 24 hour room service, everything you need for a comfortable stay for business or relaxing whilst enjoying a night away from the kids! Enjoy a bite in our award winning on-site restaurant, Marine Brasserie, or order room service while you watch blockbuster movies on your flat-screen TV. Our Marine Lake suites feature floor-to-ceiling curved windows and balconies, offering panoramic views of the coast. Looking for something more corporate?....we do that too!..... Meeting and banquet facilities, capable of hosting up to 250. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ramada Plaza Southport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Southport Hotel Southport
- Ramada Southport
- Ramada Plaza Southport England