“Very Enjoyable”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel is in a good location, with ample parking, nice décor, modern and clean. The staff appear to be mostly local and very friendly.

The room was spacious and well appointed. One negative.....the WiFi didn't work. It worked on a different Ramada WiFi service in the restaurant, so I don't think it was my laptop. The Receptionist offered to send a Porter to my room to log me in, but I declined as I was in bed. When I mentioned it upon checking out, the Receptionist asked why no-one had resolved the problem and I explained, I can't fault them for their concern and attentiveness.

Dinner for 7 people in an almost full restaurant stretched them, with the main courses slow to arrive and then not arriving together. They overlooked one desert and it came later after I reminded a waitress (but they didn't charge even though I hadn't complained). We didn't mind the delay, because we were chatting, but I can see how it might spoil some people's evening. The food was rated as good to excellent by my party.

I'm likely to always check it for price if going to Southport again, and it would take a significant saving to cause me to stay elsewhere. I liked it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ThomasKennedy, Manager at Ramada Plaza Southport, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

I'm delighted that we managed to exceed your expectations throughout many aspects of your stay with us. You should now also receive our exclusive email offers, so keep an eye out for some great upcoming package deals.

Please accept my apologies that you experienced issues with our Wi-Fi service and some delays in our Marine Brasserie. I'm glad our team attended to you and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Deputy Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (810)
hyde cheshire
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the ramada hotel southport for one night sun the 17/03/13.What a lovely hotel,but the main thing that really made it was the attentive staff, not only professional, but always had a smile for you.on the Sunday morning the gentleman behind the reception went out of his way to go out and get me a paper, which I ordered but did'nt arrive?????? He also on the Saturday came down to the car park and brought the cases up.the only setback was the price of the drinks, i do realise that hotels are more expensive but 4 15 for a pint of lager was rather high.if you want comfort, looking after, and a lovely hotel go here, oh and not forgetting the lovely large rooms, with nice bathrooms etc.also well done to the cleaning staff, I could'nt fault it.Many thank for making our one night stay a pleasant one, and at some point hope to return. Room 421, vanda and Brian from cheshire.

Stayed February 2013
2 Thank bnt1943
ThomasKennedy, Manager at Ramada Plaza Southport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hi Vanda & Brian,

Many thanks for choosing The Ramada Plaza as your preferred choice of accomodation for your recent visit to Southport.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am especially pleased that you found our team to be helpful, friendly and efficient. We believe in creating a positive team atmosphere and promoting that to all our guests.

Don't forget to check our website or call us direct for exclusive deals and best available rates.

Saddleworth. UK
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with my sis in law. Booked a twin room and got a beautiful room with 2 double beds!
Hotel is in great location on the sea front and only 5 minutes walk to either the shopping area or the new cinema/restaurant complex.
Evening meal was lovely and all nice and hot too.
My only complaint would be the poor chap who served us at breakfast time. He was there when we left the restaurant/bar just before midnight and back serving breakfast at 6.30am!! But...his apron was filthy, not just the odd mark but really filthy and it put me off eating breakfast, I stuck to yogurt and coffee which he didn't have to touch!
Point to management - give you staff more than one apron if they work such a tight turn around in hours and please please check their appearance before serving food!

All that said...yes I would return!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Cinders18
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel location, rooms and in particular our team, exceeded your expectations.

Our team aim for very high standards in thier personal appearence and we will highlight your concerns at our next Food & Beverage Team Meeting.

Thanks again for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wales
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Booked the meal deal for a birthday treat for my husband. Very friendly check in they asked would we like 2 attend the tribute act instead of eating in the restaurant. We had an amazing room 516. Right next to the executive rooms so we had fab views. The hotel had even put a birthday card in the room for my husband. What a lovely touch. The tribute was Michael buble, meal was very nice. Had a great night. Breakfast was lovely plenty of it & fresh. The only negative was the room was very warm but maybe that is just me. Would go back again and will be checking the web site for offers. Thanks Ramada for a lovely evening away.

Room Tip: 5th floor has amazing views
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the great review! Thank you also for choosing our hotel to celebrate your Husband's Birthday.

I'm delighted that we managed to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed our Michael Buble Tribute Night. We have many tribute nights and special events throughout the year so don't forget to check our website or give us a call for exclusive rates.

I'm sorry that you found your bedroom was too warm during the night. For any future stays, please do not hesitate to let our team know and we can gladly override the air con unit to your desired temperature.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed in one of the Marine Lake Executive rooms it provides 180 degree views of the coastline, with floor to ceiling windows. The view was amazing. We also had a balcony to admire the view from.
The hotel room was spotless, it had 2 tv's, couch, table and chairs and a lovely comfortable bed. The room had all the facilities we needed, kettle, hair dryer, iron, fridge, safe. It was lovely and modern.
The location was also perfect, walking distance to all the local attractions.
The staff were lovely and friendly.
The breakfast was good quality food, lots of options to choose from.
Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the Marine Lake Executive room offer it provides 180 degree views of the coastli...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for such a great review!

I'm delighted that you enjoyed our Executive Suites and that we managed to exceed your expectations throughout many aspects of your stay with us.

Thank you also for your kind comments about our team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Only stayed one night wished it had been longer!!! Beautiful hotel,lovely staff, great food and very comfortable - everything you could possibly need!!!!! Well done Ramada!!! Definately stay again. Some great offers - we got the dinner, bed and breakfast for £89 - great value and great food!!!! Hotel next to theatre so great for theatregoers and close to pier, so views good. Short walk to shopping centre. All in all an excellent location! If I had to say something negative, the only thing would be that service at the bar was quite slow.

Room Tip: Room 522 - this side overlooks the water, decent view.
2 Thank Monnie211
Thank you for choosing The Ramada Plaza as your preferred choice of accomodation for your recent visit to Southport.

Thank you also for your kind feedback which I have passed on to our team. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Derbyshire
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed in a suite overlooking the marine lake. The room was very nice and I have booked to go again 1 year on. It was a real treat to have such a nice big space to relax and watch the sunset in. Restaurant was good but as often in large hotels, breakfast was forgettable.

Room Tip: If you can afford a suite, its worth it!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our Marine Lake Suites just to your liking. My apologies that your breakfast experience was anything less than satisfying, I would be more than happy to discuss this with you in further detail should you so wish.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year and if there is anything I can assist you with in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me direct.